Who's your short list?

He's back as an assistant coach to his son at an Ivy League school with Dauber in the never aired pilot of the re-boot. Let's get him!

Or, we could hire Skip Holtz and tell him to bring Lou and Gutey as assistants...
You serious?

PJ Fleck would be a significant upgrade, but I don't know if he'd take the job or wait for bigger opportunity.
Greg Schiano would be a good candidate.
Both would leave if the had short term success.
Personally, I like another MAC Coach that is steadily raising his program and will compete for the MAC title next year, Chuck Martin, Miami of Ohio. Class act who truly cares about his players. Offensive minded, good coaching pedigree. Grand Valley St, Norte Dame when Kelly was winning.

I have a feeling that saying anyone other than Fleck today will seem constraining tomorrow.

PJ Fleck would be a significant upgrade, but I don't know if he'd take the job or wait for bigger opportunity.
Greg Schiano would be a good candidate.
Both would leave if the had short term success.

You are worried a guy who got no other offers won't consider us and if by some miracle he does that he would look to leave right away? Wow, will you be under the table at PJF's press conference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would much rather see Bo than either Brewster 2.0 or Harsin.

+1. I think Bo would be a great hire. I liked the rumors on Sumlin more, but Bo would be my 2nd choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My short list:

1. Here's a name that hasn't been mentioned yet: Mike MacIntyre, could we pry him away from Colorado? Currently makes 2.2 million, would he leave for 3.5 - 4 million? Turned around both San Jose St. and Colorado, defensive minded, NFL experience, great recruiter, former DB so we could still excel there. A lateral move but B10 has more prestige, I at least call and gauge interest.
2. PJ Fleck, anyone who can turn Western Michigan into a Top 20 team in the same amount of time Kill and Claeys had here and couldn't would be OK.
3. Sumlin, would be a great hire.

Top Bottom