Who's your short list?

What has Sumlin done to be at the top of everyone's list? He had one good year at A&M and that was due to him starting a coke head who got lucky on almost every play. It has been down hill since then.

No idea.

It's like someone shouted squirrel and we're all dogs or something.... suddenly GH is Sumlin central or something.

I'd really like to see:

1) Les Miles
2) Less Kaler
3) Less Coyle

Bo Pelini? Kind of a wildcard with his temper issues, but obviously has the head coaching experience. Maybe too much of a liability for Coyle but worth consideration.

Bo Pelini? Kind of a wildcard with his temper issues, but obviously has the head coaching experience. Maybe too much of a liability for Coyle but worth consideration.

Coyle didn't like a "unhelpful" tweet. Bo might not tweet, but I suspect he would be seen as "unhelpful" often.

1. Dave Arranda - Can come in and make some noise with this defense.
2. Pat Narduzzi - See Above
3. Craig Bohl- Wins, knows area, good coach, plus would love to see him take us to the promise land to rub it in NDSU's face for being little sisters of the poor
4. Sumlin - why not.
I am not at all sold on PJ Fleck. Too brewsterish for me.

With limited information, I would at least be interested in:

Greg Schiano
PJ Fleck
Dave Clawson (Wake Forest HC)
maybe Al Golden

I don't think Troy Calhoun has the kind record at Air Force that would excite me.

I love Craig Bohl's relationship with Minnesota high school coaches and I'd assume the same of Chris Klieman. I worry that Bohl is a bit old and the Klieman lacks experience.

I worry that Les Miles is looking to coast and wouldn't put 100% into coaching the Gophers.

Just looking at some basics about Gus Bradley does not excite me.

NDSU former - no
NDSU current - hell no
Schiano - no
Golden - no

Sumlin - yep, not happening though
Fleck - not thrilled but sounds like I may have to get used to it

1. Dave Arranda - Can come in and make some noise with this defense.
2. Pat Narduzzi - See Above
3. Craig Bohl- Wins, knows area, good coach, plus would love to see him take us to the promise land to rub it in NDSU's face for being little sisters of the poor
4. Sumlin - why not.
I am not at all sold on PJ Fleck. Too brewsterish for me.

I do like the idea of someone to come in and keep our defense as a strength. Let's make that our "thing": defense.

The coach will be Fleck put money on it if you can.

Bohl has a $6.5M buyout so anyone with him on their short list should cross him off now. Might make some sense, but there is no way we pony up that kind of dough to buy out a guy who probably isn't our first choice.

I'm not including Chip Kelly in this because I don't think there is any way in the world he'd even consider this job.

Tier 1(I'd be thrilled) -- Kevin Sumlin. Les Miles. Tony Dungy.
Tier 2 (I'd be very happy) -- Bryan Harsin. Pat Narduzzi. Lincoln Riley.
Tier 3 (I'd be satisfied) -- Brent Venables. Greg Schiano. Al Golden. PJ Fleck. Dave Clawson. Dave Aranda.
Tier 4 (I'd be underwhelmed) -- Troy Calhoun. Bo Pellini. Ken Niumatalolo.
Tier 5 (I'd boycott) -- Chris Klieman. Brock Spack. Glenn Caruso. Mike Grant. Bret Bielema.

I do like the idea of someone to come in and keep our defense as a strength. Let's make that our "thing": defense.

Nobody else likes defense in college football except the best of the best so it would be easy to use as Minnesota's schtick.

Aranda makes as much money now as Claeys was making. He's headed for a big time HC job or an NFL DC job. A move to MN isn't in the cards.

Hayden Fox...any idea what is buy out is with the Orlando Breakers? Would Dauber come with him?

1) Ken Niumatalolo
2) Ken Niumatalolo

He turned down the opportunity at his alma mater (BYU) to stay. Also has teenagers in school, that may factor in to a decision. Would be a great choice, but a long shot at this point.

It's so hard to tell if everyone is being serious. Some I can tell but we really need a sarcasm font.

I honestly would be fine with a no name.

If we had kept TC all of next year would be dominated by talk of if tc would be fired. Program had to either give him a long term deal or move on. I personally think they made the right choice.

Hopefully they make a good choice on step two.

Hayden Fox...any idea what is buy out is with the Orlando Breakers? Would Dauber come with him?

Fox retired after his second season there and Dauber went on to win a couple of Super Bowls and retired to the booth, so no, they are not options.

1: Ghost of Bernie Bierman
2: Nick Saban
3: Urban Meyer
4: Jim Harbough
5: Jimbo Fisher

1. Danny DeVito - guaranteed great post game pressers
2. Bob Dylan - 'knows Minnesota', maybe adds a post game concert

1) Chip Kelly (if he kept Sawvel)
2) Kevin Sumlin
3) PJ Fleck
4) Craig Bohl

I think in all reality Ghost of Bernie Bierman should be realistic. If Babe Ruth came back as a ghost in Sandlot and gave a great speech, there is no reason why Bierman cant come back and coach us to National Championships again. "LEGENDS NEVER DIE" Gopherholers

Fox retired after his second season there and Dauber went on to win a couple of Super Bowls and retired to the booth, so no, they are not options.

He's back as an assistant coach to his son at an Ivy League school with Dauber in the never aired pilot of the re-boot. Let's get him!

Or, we could hire Skip Holtz and tell him to bring Lou and Gutey as assistants...

Top Bottom