Who's Your Dream Coach (hypothetical)?

Yeah...given both Kentucky's and Cal's past and his and continued association with World Wide Wes, I'm sure everything is pure as the driven snow there. No doubt.

Also, I have some land to sell. It's a great deal! PM me for details!

Lol well with all that evidence that you clearly stated calipari is definitely guilty of running a dirty program and should be kicked out of coaching college basketball. Hopefully you turn in your evidence to the NCAA so you get the credit for bringing calipari's antics to light! Thank you

Definitely Brad Stevens. That guy knows how to win.

Tough to narrow it down to one guy, but Few, Stevens and Smart wouldn't make my top 5. I would definitely want a guy who's won in a major conference and has a passion for recruiting (with proven results). Izzo would be the safest bet because he's won in our conference for years so you can be reasonably sure he'd continue to do so.

My top 5 would be 1. Self 2. Donovan 3. Izzo 4. Calipari 5. Buzz Peterson or John Thompson III

Buzz Peterson? Does that NIT title from 12 years ago have you all atwitter? And is UNC-Wilmington in a major conference now?

I like Tubby....but, if everything came crashing down and we had to replace him, I would hope Brad Stevens would be #1 on the replacement list.

I'd got with Izzo, Bill Self, Brad Stevens, Tim Miles, and Shaka Smart.

I love that Butler video, I wish I could be as cool and classy as Brad Stevens...he's the epitome of "act like you've been there before" - and he has, 2 NC games in a row is pretty phenomenal.

As for Jamiche getting beat up - I think we all hate Bo, he plays boring bball, but he does more with his players year in and year out. I think he's a top 10 coach in the country...but it doesn't mean I want him to be our coach, but completely see his point!

1. Bill Self
2. Tom Izzo

Good recruiters, good at X's and O's, personality, not full of themselves, their teams are tough-minded. The total package.

Flip Saunders. His NBA experience would attract recruits and I think he's just a great coach and person. He obviously went to the U so if he were ever to coach in college i'd think we'd be close to the top of his list. Shaka and Stevens would be a close #2 and #3. Obviously people would love to have Calipari but I love watching the players develop and I think you cheer that bit more for players who aren't one and dones.

Mr. One and done? No way...I like Izzo who has turned MSU in to a near blue-blood college hoops program.

Lol well with all that evidence that you clearly stated calipari is definitely guilty of running a dirty program and should be kicked out of coaching college basketball. Hopefully you turn in your evidence to the NCAA so you get the credit for bringing calipari's antics to light! Thank you

Facts are facts. He cheated at UMass. He cheated at Memphis. Kentucky has done their own cheating in the past. He currently racks up all the top recruits. He still has strong ties to World Wide Wess. If you believe everthing's now magically on the up-and-up, go ahead. I'm simply saying I would not want him as the Gophers coach.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Flip too. I love so many bball coaches, this thread is overwhelming for me!

Facts are facts. He cheated at UMass. He cheated at Memphis. Kentucky has done their own cheating in the past. He currently racks up all the top recruits. He still has strong ties to World Wide Wess. If you believe everthing's now magically on the up-and-up, go ahead. I'm simply saying I would not want him as the Gophers coach.

Well then you're right he is for sure cheating at Kentucky! Thanks

Tom Izzo, easily. Maybe Billy Donovan. I sense Bill Self and his slick hair have dirty laundry, wouldn't be shocked if Donovan does too.

Realistically, Brad Stevens, Tim Miles or Shaka Smart.

Tim Miles would have given his left nut to take over the Gophers after Monson was fired. And he would have had more conference wins by this time than Coach Smith has had.

I like Tubby, but the above is true.

Tubby is fine.

But Ruth Sinn would be a big improvement on the other side of the hall.

I'm not sold on Miles yet, will see how he recruits in the big ten, can he get the horses he'll need to win at Nebraska. At the time of the Monson firing he was still at NDSU, I don't think the likes of Rodney Williams, Royce White, Dre Hollins and Joe Coleman would've of seen the same appeal in playing for a no name coach than one whose won the title in Tubby. I also don't think Trevor would've transferred at the time to play for Tim Miles. I like Miles, but I'd rather take my chances with Tubby, alot of bad luck and this year with a healthy and academically eligible team (knock on wood) Tubby's squad is having a great year

I'd got with Izzo, Bill Self, Brad Stevens, Tim Miles, and Shaka Smart.

I love that Butler video, I wish I could be as cool and classy as Brad Stevens...he's the epitome of "act like you've been there before" - and he has, 2 NC games in a row is pretty phenomenal.

As for Jamiche getting beat up - I think we all hate Bo, he plays boring bball, but he does more with his players year in and year out. I think he's a top 10 coach in the country...but it doesn't mean I want him to be our coach, but completely see his point!

Disagree somewhat on Ryan. He always has quality recruits (5-star freshman this year, MN has zero 5-star recruits currently and hasn't had a 5-star suit up since probably Humphries). The "more with less" mantra is a huge myth.

I disagree on top 10 as well, could give him top 20, maybe 15.

Smart
Stevens
Self
Izzo
Calipari
Roy Williams
Coach K
Boeheim
Rick Pitino
Billy Donovan
Mark Few
Thad Matta
Rick Barnes
Jamie Dixon

All active coaches I would personally take before Bo in a heartbeat, JMO though.

Again, good coach but if I am taking my "dream" coach, ill take any guy who wins more and plays a better style on top of it.

Technically John Calipari has never personally cheated. Individually, nothing has been tied to him.

Tim Miles would have given his left nut to take over the Gophers after Monson was fired. And he would have had more conference wins by this time than Coach Smith has had.

I like Tubby, but the above is true.

The above cannot be true since it is assuming something that is impossible to know. Both coaches couldn't simultaneously lead the Gophers and then let us see who wins more.

Very well could be true, but completely impossible to ever know.

Technically John Calipari has never personally cheated. Individually, nothing has been tied to him.

Technically, I don't care. I was stating why I think he's a huge sleazeball and would never want him coaching the Gophers, not convicting him of a crime.

Top Bottom