Who's going to the Bowl Game?

Who's going to the Gopher's bowl game?

• I will go, no matter what.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I will go, if it's a destination and bowl I like

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • I would like to go, if everything falls into place (finances, location, etc)

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I will not go, no matter what, I don't want to

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other - write in response (please include reasons you would or would not attend)

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

GopherLady

Reaction score
Now that the regular season is over, I'm interested to see who's going to attend a the bowl game, and under what circumstances....

Maybe if they somehow end up in the Eagle Bank Bowl. Otherwise..no.

I highly doubt it. There's a difference of opinion in the household: I want to go, the fiancee wants to have a reception. I think I'm going to lose this argument.

Went to 3 road games this year and have already been to the Insight Bowl. Don't think I'll be able to afford airfare for me and the whole family this year. If they somehow get selected by the Alamo then I'll have to re-evaluate my options.

I always go to the bowl games, and I plan on going again this year. However, airfare to Phoenix (from New Orleans) is outrageous right now, so that will have to change before I commit.

Detroit is more reasonable, though still pricey when you consider that the destination is Detroit.

Maybe if they somehow end up in the Eagle Bank Bowl. Otherwise..no.

Not possible - the Big Ten has seven eligible teams with seven bowl tie-ins. Even if Ohio State is the only BCS team, we will fall no further than Detroit.

Detroit would be a possibility because I have research to do there at some point anyway. San Antonio would be fun and I have some friends down there. I would almost certianly go if it's in Detroit but I really hope its not.

If the Gophers play the Sooners, I'm going. My boss is a Sooner alum (also from OK) and obviously a huge Sooner fan and bigtime follower. His brother is a season ticket holder too. The Sooners are currently decimated by injuries, lost their starting middle linebacker and center this past week in addition to all of the losses earlier in the year. We plan to go if the meet up in the Insight Bowl. If they don't meet up, I won't have a very convincing argument for my wife. :(

Go Gophers!!
SK Gopher

If they made the Alamo Bowl I would be going for sure but still a little up in the air if it is another bowl game. If it is Detroit, no way.

I've been to 3 of the past 4 bowls. My attendance at this one depends on when my out-of-town guests are arriving and departing. Given that the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl is the day after Christmas - I highly doubt I will be able to attend that one.

On a side note, I have learned the proper way to spell "Caesar" since the Motor City Bowl changed its name.

I would go if the matchup is one that I find particularly interesting. With a significant required investment of time and money to go, the opponent would have to be a "must-see" for whatever reason (and I'd say that in most years, not just this one). If money were not an object? Sure, I'd go every year. ;)

What do you consider to be a "must-see" Clyde?

Well, this season I would strongly consider going to see a MN/OU or MN/NE matchup. I'm a fan of Nebraska and I have a great deal of respect for OU - I think both would be a great test for the Gophers and would be enjoyable to watch. So knowing what is possible for this season, those are the two possible games on my radar at this point.

I went last year but won't be going this year. This years team has worn me out and I have absolutely no energy left. I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years but I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for this program, I hope it comes back. This is the first time I've seriously considered not renewing.......

i will be there if its in detriot just because its only 6 hours from me

Tempe Arizona is the place to be.
Farm living is the life for me.
Land spreading out so far and wide,
Keep Detroit and give me some country side.

Go Gophers!

I'LL GO ANYWHERE BUT DETROIT. LAST TIME I WAS THERE MY CAR WAS STOLEN, LOOTED AND BURNED :(

If they go to the Insight Bowl count me in! It doesn't hurt that I live 10 minutes away from Sun Devil Stadium.

I'm going to the Insight Bowl, regardless if it's Minnesota or Michigan State that's in it. In Phoenix/Mesa from 12/26 to 1/2. So hopefully the Gophers are there. Otherwise, I'll be wearing a Gopher sweatshirt & cheering the Spartans, a Big Ten program I've never had any hatred towards.

I will be in AZ for the week after Christmas and through New Years so if they make the Insight Bowl I will go for sure.

Top Bottom