Who's Going To Tampa?

Are you going to the Outback Bowl?

• YES!

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
Just got tickets on Sun Country. Not sure if they opened seats or added flights, but sub $300 for 12/31 to 1/2 travel. $250 total is what I got, landing around 5:30 pm, but could have been cheaper if land in Tampa around 10 pm 12/31 (then it is $217) instead.

Triple D just bought his ticket and will be looking to kiss in the New Year with either a Lady Gopher or a Southern drawled Auburn fan would be OK too, ha ha.

We are going. We live in VA, so we won't be with the Minnesota migration. We have plane tickets in hand, but have not bought game tickets yet. I have been reading the threads to see where the most Gopher fans are sitting... Go Gophers!

Anecdotal story:

I ended up deciding to fly into Fort Meyer's and ... I'll probabbly just stay there with the kids near the beach somewhere, drive up for the game on game day, then back.

At some point I realized I really just wanted to take the kids to the beach and Tampa itself wasn't really the thing I wanted to see as much as the game so ... may as well stay near where I fly in / out.

Anecdotal story:

I ended up deciding to fly into Fort Meyer's and ... I'll probabbly just stay there with the kids near the beach somewhere, drive up for the game on game day, then back.

At some point I realized I really just wanted to take the kids to the beach and Tampa itself wasn't really the thing I wanted to see as much as the game so ... may as well stay near where I fly in / out.
You might already be aware but Sanibel Island is a pretty swell place to go with young kids.

Getting on and off Sanibel can be a pain, so plan your trips to the "mainland" carefully.
Really? I have been twice and never had a problem. Was just there in October. Worse in winter?

Really? I have been twice and never had a problem. Was just there in October. Worse in winter?
In March it’s really bad getting off the island mid day. I would guess it’s bad over New Years also

Will there be any type of pep rally or other get togethers for Minnesota fans? We are planning on going to the parade, wondering what other "official" or unofficial events will be going on. Thank you!
I followed the Outback Bowl page on Facebook and they've been posting quite a few events.

I live in Orlando and my wife and I are driving over to stay for the game. We go to Tampa /St Pete all the time. It can take a long time to drive across the bay, so we always stay on the side where we plan to spend the most time. In this case that's the Tampa side. We're staying at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza, which is right around the corner from Raymond James Stadium. It's a nice hotel in a great location.

We got club level seats on Stubhub in section 208.

I was there in winter, but it was also quite a few years ago. They may have upgraded the infrastructure since then. I'd go with your experience, as it is more current.

I live in Orlando and my wife and I are driving over to stay for the game. We go to Tampa /St Pete all the time. It can take a long time to drive across the bay, so we always stay on the side where we plan to spend the most time. In this case that's the Tampa side. We're staying at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza, which is right around the corner from Raymond James Stadium. It's a nice hotel in a great location.

We got club level seats on Stubhub in section 208.

Same from Ft Myers. Same hotel, section 211. We'll high five together!

GO GOPHERS!

Tickets arrived yesterday!! Either St Pete Marriott or the Epicurean.

Last edited:

Yep. All booked. Hotel and flight set, will be watching here for where gopher fans congregate.

Live in Bradenton/Sarasota area. Had a few conflicts with babysitting granddaughter and some friends in town but just cleared things for New Years Day and bought tickets for my wife and myself. We will be in Section 113, row P. Go Gophers!!!!

How are the events.... for families?

I read some of them and stuff like a 99$ tailgate...not really family friendly.
Fun but not cheap. Probably not worth the cost if bringing kids. I’m attending with friends and just paying for myself. Wouldn’t want to pay for multiple people, but I feel I’m getting my money’s worth. Lot of nice Swag, including a sweet beach towel, and Marriott is a solid establishment.

Fun but not cheap. Probably not worth the cost if bringing kids. I’m attending with friends and just paying for myself. Wouldn’t want to pay for multiple people, but I feel I’m getting my money’s worth. Lot of nice Swag, including a sweet beach towel, and Marriott is a solid establishment.
Yeah if it was me and the wife I would be all over that stuff.

Top Bottom