Who will have a better game at TCF Bank Stadium on 10/22/16? Mitch or Phil?

• Minnesota's Mitch Leidner

Votes: 64 94.1%
  • Rutgers' Phillip Nelson

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score

Maybe we can have Snoop perform at Mitch-A-Palooza!

Go Gophers!!

I predict we have a different QB so I say Phil.

Plus we'll run for 350 yards with Jeff Jones and Berkley Edwards.

There was one thing that I appreciated most about having both Leidner and Nelson in the lineup -- I was confident that our quarterback will have better hair than the opposing quarterback regardless of opponent. Now, however, I'm a little concerned about this 2016 match up and I don't know who to pick.

I would guess neither will start that game.

Well obviously Leidner will go pro after a stellar Junior season, so Phil will have a better game just by sitting on the bench letting the locks flow in the wind of the large industrial fans.

Can someone please explain this transfer to me?

He gets and "extra" year to, what I would guess is, prepare hismelf as a QB and try to play at the next level. Assuming, he wins the starting QB job.

He gets and "extra" year to, what I would guess is, prepare hismelf as a QB and try to play at the next level. Assuming, he wins the starting QB job.

Kind of funny reading that and looking at your avatar. No offense. Just made me chuckle. Like when people talk about themselves in the 3rd person.

If Nelson joins the union that Northwestern is organizing, will he have to get paid the prevailing wage???

Kind of funny reading that and looking at your avatar. No offense. Just made me chuckle. Like when people talk about themselves in the 3rd person.

HAHA! Yea, I should get on changing that. Trying to decide what it will be. If/when Ragnow commits and does it with Gopher Crocs like he mentioned, that might be the winner. :cool:

Won't happen. They'll both be in the NFL by then..:rolleyes:

Talking about yourself in the 3rd person is for amateurs. Talking about yourself in the 2nd person is where it's at.

My guess is that neither will play in the game, but I guess we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking about yourself in the 3rd person is for amateurs. Talking about yourself in the 2nd person is where it's at.

You can't possibly agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure about who will be the Minnesota QB by then but i am more unsure if Philip will crack the line up in Rutgers. they have a list of competition in Rutgers for the QB slot and I am not sure how patient they will be throwing 20 feet over WR's or bouncing 15 yard throws to them?

Seriously Someone has to explain this transfer? his reasons are not jiving with his choice. but at least he will still get to see bigten football from the sidelines.

I hope he does well and has a career day for Rutgers as long as the Gophers win decisively.

I am not sure who will have the better game if they are playing but we will not lose to Rutgers at home.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my doubts that Phil Nelson will still be at Rutgers by then. He will be a it behind the 8 ball in terms of cracking their starting lineup. There FR QB already has a year in the system, he has a really good chance of playing a ton next year so he'll have more experience than Nelson in just about every way and he's younger.

A horrible decision followed by another horrible decision.

I can't fathom why he's moving to New Brunswick to sit for a year.

He has to sit out a year. If Rutgers were already in the B1G, he would lose a year of eligibility. Since they're not yet in the conference, he will still have two years' eligibility left.

I agree that chances are neither will be starters in two years, but I think Mitch still has a chance to develop into a solid QB in Kill's system. With Phillip, you pretty much know what you have and may be at Minnesota State-Mankato by then so my vote is with Leidner.

There was one thing that I appreciated most about having both Leidner and Nelson in the lineup -- I was confident that our quarterback will have better hair than the opposing quarterback regardless of opponent. Now, however, I'm a little concerned about this 2016 match up and I don't know who to pick.

I laughed aloud when I read this. I thought you meant the game matchup. I usually don't start thinking about that until the week before.

I hope he does well and has a career day for Rutgers as long as the Gophers win decisively.

How would you feel if he was at Madison? Sorry, but I want our defense to pound every opposing QB into dust. I'm a Minnesota fan...

Agree with those that think this poll needs a none of the above option. Basing things only on today I guess I would give Mitch a slight edge since the game is at TCF.

PN9 sits a year to learn the O and receivers. That is a plus for him.

Mitch has a better supporting crew. Mitch by a mile. The Gophers will be nationally ranked with a shot at the Top 10 in '15. A team seriously on the rise. I would guess Mitch may be sharing some snaps, but he will be the starter. He is a young man with minimal experience and should develop into a very good QB. (he was a RS Frosh for pitys sake)

Top Bottom