Who will have a better game at TCF Bank Stadium on 10/22/16? Mitch or Phil?

Who will have a better game at TCF Bank Stadium on 10/22/16? Mitch or Phil?

• Minnesota's Mitch Leidner

Votes: 64 94.1%
  • Rutgers' Phillip Nelson

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Each and every one of you who hazard one of your "hot air" guesses is living in fantasy land. Two years from now? None of you have a clue what will transpire. Hell, the world as we think we know it may have ended by then. You project your bias toward each of these young student athletes and try to come up with a "winner..." And, some of you will probably try to argue and support your position on this flight to fantasy.

I wish them both much luck and good fortune and good health and success. I hope they both make excellent progress toward their graduations. THAT would be FANTASTIC! Re: playing the quarterback position in college football... some kids make it...some kids don't. All I can do is to wish them each well. The odds are they will still be playing college football in some capacity. I think they are both pretty decent people. In the end, their time in division one football will tick away and they will each have had some great experiences. I wish them BOTH the very best. I wish they were both still Golden Gopher Players. But, it just didn't work out that way...The Coaches will have some real work to do now. The Coache's Conference record will depend very heavily on how this all plays out. Get which ever quarterbacks you have playing LOTS of playmakers to hand the ball to and throw the ball to and don't depend on your quarterback to be one of your main ball carriers Coach. It will work out a lot better that way in the long run. Good quarterback candidates don't grow on trees and are NOT a dime a dozen. When you have decent quarterback candidates nurture them, teach them well and HANG ON TO THEM...

But, some of you fans are really trying to sell your "hot air." As of February 3rd, 2014 NOBODY knows how it will turn out for either of these fine young student athletes who were both on the Gopher Squad in 2013.

Each and every one of you who hazard one of your "hot air" guesses is living in fantasy land. Two years from now? None of you have a clue what will transpire. Hell, the world as we think we know it may have ended by then. You project your bias toward each of these young student athletes and try to come up with a "winner..." And, some of you will probably try to argue and support your position on this flight to fantasy.

What's your point? No one is claiming to know what will happen two years from now. It's called speculation. It's just something that humans do, imagine what the future might be rather than simply see what is at the moment. It's what separates us from the animals. Fandom wouldn't even exist without it.

I hope he does well and has a career day for Rutgers as long as the Gophers win decisively.

Well that's one of us. I hope he throws 36 Pick 6's and is pulled in the first 5 minutes of the game.

I wish them both much luck and good fortune and good health and success. I hope they both make excellent progress toward their graduations. THAT would be FANTASTIC! Re: playing the quarterback position in college football... some kids make it...some kids don't. All I can do is to wish them each well. The odds are they will still be playing college football in some capacity. I think they are both pretty decent people. In the end, their time in division one football will tick away and they will each have had some great experiences. I wish them BOTH the very best. I wish they were both still Golden Gopher Players. But, it just didn't work out that way...The Coaches will have some real work to do now. The Coache's Conference record will depend very heavily on how this all plays out. Get which ever quarterbacks you have playing LOTS of playmakers to hand the ball to and throw the ball to and don't depend on your quarterback to be one of your main ball carriers Coach. It will work out a lot better that way in the long run. Good quarterback candidates don't grow on trees and are NOT a dime a dozen. When you have decent quarterback candidates nurture them, teach them well and HANG ON TO THEM...

But, some of you fans are really trying to sell your "hot air." As of February 3rd, 2014 NOBODY knows how it will turn out for either of these fine young student athletes who were both on the Gopher Squad in 2013.

So, did you vote for Leidner or Nelson?

PN9 sits a year to learn the O and receivers. That is a plus for him.

Mitch has a better supporting crew. Mitch by a mile. The Gophers will be nationally ranked with a shot at the Top 10 in '15. A team seriously on the rise. I would guess Mitch may be sharing some snaps, but he will be the starter. He is a young man with minimal experience and should develop into a very good QB. (he was a RS Frosh for pitys sake)

This is what will be forgotten by many people if PN has any measure of success in his new home.

For a kid to be able to start for a good portion of two years at a Big Ten school, start two Bowl games, and then get a year to sit out and refine his game and improve on shortcomings will be huge. Phil can learn a LOT by sitting out next year, an immense amount.

And it's not necessarily reflective of how well he would have done had he stayed. If Phil had stayed, and redshirted 2014 with the Gophers, he could have been a really good QB in '15 and '16 at TCF as well.

Heard Phil was going to walk on as a place kicker in 30-64 months.

I picked Mitch, so my pick is still solid. :cool:

Mitch wins by default!

Default? The two sweetest words in the English language! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! [Copyright Homer J. Simpson]

Mitch wins by default!

Default? The two sweetest words in the English language! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! [Copyright Homer J. Simpson]

HAHAHAHA! I love me a good Simpsons reference! Well done Breakin' The Plane! :clap:

This is what will be forgotten by many people if PN has any measure of success in his new home.

For a kid to be able to start for a good portion of two years at a Big Ten school, start two Bowl games, and then get a year to sit out and refine his game and improve on shortcomings will be huge. Phil can learn a LOT by sitting out next year, an immense amount.

And it's not necessarily reflective of how well he would have done had he stayed. If Phil had stayed, and redshirted 2014 with the Gophers, he could have been a really good QB in '15 and '16 at TCF as well.

He may be sitting more than next year

Kicker. It's a push due to Leidner gone to the NFL after winning the Heisman in 2015 and well, we know the deal with Phil currently

Kicker. It's a push due to Leidner gone to the NFL after winning the Heisman in 2015 and well, we know the deal with Phil currently

With this being the first word of your post, I thought you were referencing Nelson...

Top Bottom