Who will be our coach in 2017?

We'll know a lot more about his recruiting class tomorrow.

get some perspective he went 13-0 in the conference and beat two B1G teams - he's already punched well above his weight and did it all at WESTERN MICHIGAN

I'll go with...

60% Claeys
25% Harsin
10% Fleck
5% Other

If a move is made I would bet/hope a deal is already in the works for the new coach. Below are my rankings of what I hope happens.

1. Keep Claeys with a one or two year extension
2. Harsin - Has won everywhere he's been. Would be exciting to watch what he can do with a major program, and he's going to get that chance eventually whether it's here or not. He has been somewhat of a job-hopper, but if he takes us to the next level (10+ win seasons) then I won't be mad at him even if he leaves.
3. Miles - brings instant credibility. He has recruited well, and won a national championship. Believe he would sell tickets, and if he can just come close to his LSU win percentage (77%) here I think we'd all be happy.
4. Lincoln Riley - I don't know if it would work, but I do know it'd be fun to watch. Hire him and keep Sawvel as DC. Could be pretty awesome if those two can keep doing what they've been doing.
5. Fleck - not a huge fan, but he's the hot name right now so I'd be interested to see what he could do here. Don't understand why anyone thinks he wouldn't take this job. Jumping to a major conference is a big deal for a coach in the MAC, and we could at least double his salary and he'd still be below the B1G average. And this is his last chance, otherwise he's back to Western Michigan next year where he can only go down from 13-0.

Top Bottom