Who we need to be fans of from this point on.

jjgopher

Reaction score
I'll try to do a quick summary of teams we need to root for and root against from here on out. Feel free to add any but i'll do my best to try and cover most.

Now that most of the smaller conferences' regular seasons are over, lets focus on those first. If these teams lose their in their conference tournaments, they will get an automatic bid and take away an at-large spot Here are the list of teams we WANT TO WIN in their conference tournaments.

Northern Iowa- Missouri Valley
UTEP- Conference USA
UAB- Conference USA
Butler- Horizon
New Mexico- Mountian West
BYU- Mountain West
UNLV- Mountain West
Cal- Pac 10
Gonzaga- WCC

Teams that are on the bubble if they lose in their tourney

Old Dominion- CAA
St. Mary's- WCC

If the combination of those teams win their tourneys, this will put us in much much better shape come Selection Sunday. I'll do another post, on what major conference bubble teams we are rooting against

Now, in regards to the major conferences, almost all teams have 2 regular season games left, and then their conference tourney. These are the teams we want to LOSE this week and also have an early exit in their respective conference tournament

First off, if St. Mary's and ODU have early exits in their tourneys, they are most likely not going to get in. Also, UTEP and UAB could also work their way out if they lose their regular season games and an early exit in their tourney. I know, we kinda want them to win and lose it's confusing.

Dayton
Charlotte
Rhode Island
Notre Dame
UConn
Cincinatti
Illinois
Florida
Ole Miss
Mississippi State

Hopefully this helps!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this, JJ - it's hard to keep track of all of this, so this is really helpful!

Top Bottom