Who takes their team to S16 first: Tubby at Minn or Miles at Neb?

Who takes their team to S16 first: Tubby at Minn or Miles at Neb?

• Minnesota will go to the S16 under Tubby first

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • Nebraska will go to S16 under Miles first

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters

31st best team in scoring margin of victory. Sorry. No sweet sixteen this year. I'll base it all on that. Too lazy to analyze the whole package that make up the Gophers.

I have sneaking suspicion that Miles will replace Tubby here when Tubby hangs it up, I know its taboo to hire in conference, but if there's mutual interest and a practice facility on the way, Minnesota's a better job than Nebraska

I don't see Miles leaving Nebraska to take another job in the same conference. Minnesota has more history and better in-state talent than Nebraska without question. I also don't think Minnesota would go after another Big Ten coach and i question if they could financially win a bidding war with them if it came to that anyways. Nebraska has given Miles a new practice facility, new arena, private jet for recruiting. Financially their athletic department is on a different level than Minnesota's as far as what they are willing to spend. The major investments Nebraska has made in the time tubby had been begging for a practice facility include: a practice facility, new arena, addition to football stadium, and their newest project is the Husker Air Force. They are trying to raise enough money so that their assistants, not just head coaches, all have access to private jets for recruiting.

I'm not sure how someone can not feel like a team is in the game when it's tied at the half.

Maybe it doesn't make sense in retrospect, but that's how I remember feeling at the time. Oh well.

I'm not sure how someone can not feel like a team is in the game when it's tied at the half.

I don't understand it either, but I've definitely felt it. I'm going cross-sport again, but I remember the football halftime against Wisconsin in 2009 where I believe we had a half-time lead, and I did not feel like we were in the game (I didn't even think we really had a shot). I couldn't justify that thought, and I am usually the guy who takes an ugly half and says "hey guys, we're still winning" or an ugly win against a bad opponent and says "hey guys, its still a win", but that game had a feeling to it and we ended up losing.

Worst shooting team ever!!! (on the road) Great defense against Ubel? letting him drive it to the hoop. 3 minutes into the game you knew we wouldnt win! Just a pathetic team on the road. Can we ever beat a team twice in one conference year?????? Purdue by 20 on Saturday!

Miles will get Nebraska to the S16 before Tubby will again.
Miles understands the key element of winning in this game....
THE BALL GOES IN THE HOLE!!!

Not rotating starting lineups.
Not f'n with kids' heads.
THE BALL GOES IN THE HOLE!!!

Miles will get there in a few years. Tubby should be gone next year, but will probably retire in a couple years having never finished above .500 in conference play.

Miles will get there in a few years. Tubby should be gone next year, but will probably retire in a couple years having never finished above .500 in conference play.

I will take that bet! How much? And by a few yrs do u mean in the next 5? I will put $1000.00 that says miles doesn't take Nebraska to the sweet 16

Considering we will get bounced in the first round this year and Tubby will then be fired, I will go with Nebraska guy.

Does our draw make anyone who had voted for Miles now vote for Tubby?

I think Miles is a great coach, but getting Nebraska into the tournament for the first time since the '90s is a better goal than a Sweet Sixteen.

There is absolutely NO talent in Nebraska. This was the 2000-2010 "All Decade Team" from Nebraska High Schools:

Josh Jones, Om. Central, 07-08
Antoine Young, Bellevue West, 07-08
Josh Dotzler, Bellevue West, 04-05
Matt Hill, Lincoln SE, 05-06
Wes Wilkinson, Grand Island, 02

Basically a smattering of decent 6th men for Nebraska and Creighton and a guy who never saw the court at Texas.

It is VERY hard to build an elite program without in-state talent. Throw in the fact that there are now two other D1 programs in the state, and one is a great program and you're looking at a very hard landscape. I just don't buy that a new arena is going to turn things around overnight. TCF Bank Stadium, anyone?

Well, this question has been deferred for another year.

We have a chance to this year, Nebraska doesn't have a chance this year.

Well if things go our way on Sunday it won't be deferred at all. It will be answered. Go gophers.

Top Bottom