Who should start at QB against Michigan State?

Who should start at QB against Michigan State?

• Weber

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Gray

Votes: 110 87.3%

• Total voters
I still love Weber, but this throwing motion ting messed him up, bad. I think we are a better team with the spread, too (even thouh we start three yards back from the LOS). I'm neither convined with the pro offense, or with Fisch. Revert to the spread.

Changing Webers throwing motion has nothing to do with him throwing the ball at receivers feet. He can not pass the ball no matter what motion he is using. All his completions are made with receivers stopping and coming back to the ball or jumping and catching it. He does not hit people in stride ever. I loved Weber as a freshman and thought he was tough and Tebow like, but he never progressed as a QB and his man crush on Decker has severely hurt him, he does not look for other receivers and when Decker is out Weber is completely lost.

Off. line

With our off line - Gray is much better suited to be successful - because the qb has to run to be successful!

Weber is damaged goods. That's really too bad, it didn't have to end up this way. At this point it's not worth arguing over. Did the coaching staff mess with his throwing motion? Yes. Did the coaching staff change the offense? Yes. Did both damage Weber's confidence? Yes, it seems so. The Q I have is how did our coaching staff NOT see this?? And what did they do about it? It appears that they did nothing. That's just not right. Making such a huge mistake that hurts this team and their chances of winning is just not excusable.

Although the confidence in our coaches ability to make good decisions is at an all time low right now, I think there is a reason Gray is not starting: maybe he hasn't figured out the whole offense yet? Maybe because his arm isn't strong enough, or maybe because he was recruited for spread offense and his skillset doesn't match up with the pro. Who knows we watched him for a few minutes against secondstringers with no pressure and because a reciever caught a ball for him we need to pull Weber? Uh uh, Gray's not ready for it if he was they would have had him passing more when the game mattered, obviously they are not confident enough in his arm right now. Weber is not the answer, but to put Gray in when he is not ready could be devastating for his development. Even with the Staremaster in today if his recievers caught some balls (including Decker) this game could have been different. This was not Webers fault at all today really, except for his customary last chance throw-a-pic and/or fumble.

Continue to work Gray in with what he feels comfortable with, and go from there.

Sure, the receivers had some drops. Weber missed so many easy throws today, though. He cannot be doing that, but he does game after game after game.

This was not Webers fault at all today really, except for his customary last chance throw-a-pic and/or fumble.

our D played very solid in the first half and Weber could get no offense going including some key bad passes on 3rd down. If Weber made good passes in the first half it could have been a different game. I realize there were dropped balls as well but Weber also had a hand in the offense not going.

But the larger question is why is Weber not making these passes? It's not because he can't, it seems that he isn't comfortable throwing the ball with an overhand motion, versus (his natural throwing motion) which is a bit side-armed....He has made these passes in the past two years. Not now with the forced change of throwing motion.

Agreed, can't get too mad with the D today they played hard and they were out there all day. One big play was a coverage mistake the other was a talent/speed issue. I really like their effort. I can't really defend my statment about Weber not having any fault in this one. But from what I can remember of the first half their were more key dropped balls than bad throws. Whichever one didn't happen on a given play the other one certainly did. It was horrible. But I think if you threw Gray in there right now it could get really ugly.

I remember when I made a poll similar to this a few games back...it was like 44-25 in favor of Gray...now it's 100-16, LOL.......

Weber has regressed, our offensive line is poor so we need a guy who can run well and throw the ball far which Gray can do.

Top Bottom