Who should start at QB against Michigan State?

• Weber

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Gray

Votes: 110 87.3%

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

I voted Gray to start, but I don't think he will. It would be nice to see him get a series though. And not one like he got today when the game was way out of hand.

who in the hell voted for Weber, You should be hung by your nutsack!

I think weber still starts wr's had a tough first half with 5 drops and webers second int should have been an interference call. i think next week we will see gray mixed in there a little more than this week and maybe get a couple drives, he adds an extra dimension when other playmakers are not getting the job done.
Hopefully we come out to play next week and the offense finally explodes against a lesser defense

WRONG! This is a 6-6 team at best the rest of the way and probably 5-7 because even lowly Illinois is better than us. Playing Gray right now is playing for the future and that is the only hope gopher fans have.

If dodo starts Gray I will be completely shocked. He has never made a bold decision in his life.

Getting smoked 38-0 unfortunately was the best scenario as that let everyone actually see what Gray is capable of.

WRONG! This is a 6-6 team at best the rest of the way and probably 5-7 because even lowly Illinois is better than us. Playing Gray right now is playing for the future and that is the only hope gopher fans have.

Are you a BADger or a Hawk?

Only 3 guys voted for Weber? All season long there have been scores of Weber lovers flooding the airwaves. Where are you boys?

I still love Weber, but this throwing motion ting messed him up, bad. I think we are a better team with the spread, too (even thouh we start three yards back from the LOS). I'm neither convined with the pro offense, or with Fisch. Revert to the spread.

If the gophers are still going to employ a 2 quarterback system like they have....I say they play Gray 75% and Weber 25% instead of the other way around like they have been doing. Gray is a playmaker and Weber simply isn't. Weber's feet are concrete and his arm is the same as it was when he was quarterbacking Mounds View, he simply hasn't improved as a player at all.

Also, why do all our passes seem to be over the middle or routes parrallel to the line of scrimmage? Why do we never throw deep along the sidelines where safety help is needed? I just don't feel our offense is taking advantage of certain things they should be.

Gray actually looks more poised throwing the ball than Weber. If Coach Brewster wants to save the season he has to make the switch. Going 7 quarters without scoring is unacceptable. Marqueis is the future of the program and the future has to begin now.:party:

By the way the poll on the Star Trib site had 1124 votes for Gray, 124 for Weber when I voted.

I think weber still starts wr's had a tough first half with 5 drops and webers second int should have been an interference call. i think next week we will see gray mixed in there a little more than this week and maybe get a couple drives, he adds an extra dimension when other playmakers are not getting the job done.
Hopefully we come out to play next week and the offense finally explodes against a lesser defense

Ditto this. Weber made some great throws today and will continue to start. I foresee Gray being mixed in more and more until they're at an even 50/50 in two weeks.

starting qb

will it really make any difference if the receivers just let the ball bounce off them

If the gophers are still going to employ a 2 quarterback system like they have....I say they play Gray 75% and Weber 25% instead of the other way around like they have been doing.

If Gray starts, then it has to be for the whole game, not a 2 system. No time to be wishy-washy.

will it really make any difference if the receivers just let the ball bounce off them

Dido. it's not all Weber. He hit how many receivers wide open? Not saying he hasn't been playing well either but it definately is an execution thing on both sides.:(

i have been for weber starting until now, but if gray does get the start DO NOT ROTATE!!!! it kills in tempo that they get, let him get into a groove

interesting results so far

Send a message - Gray

Go with Gray and send a message to the offense and give them some hope. Gotta change something big like QB and we need his feet. He may throw some picks and fumble and lose, but it's time to move the learning process to the field.

I have been a supporter of Weber up until this point. However, we aren't going any where with him, it's time to see if Gray is as good as advertised. I'd rather Gray start the rest of the year, gain experience, but miss out on a bowl game than for Weber to start and we barely make it to some crappy bowl.

I don't remember exactly what was said, but one of the announcers today brought up something about Pryor's "inexperience" and the other guy said something to the effect that after 18 starts, he shouldn't look inexperienced. Weber's started something 33 games and he still looks inexperienced. Not only does Weber not give you the best chance to win, he's also a big part of the reason they're getting beat. You win the turnover battle, you win the game.

According to Youngblood, Brewster stated emphatically that Weber is still is starting QB.

Weber did not make any "great" throws today. The person who said that was watching another game. He did make some good throws that were dropped, but he also put the ball in some tough to catch locations that resulted in drops, too. Still, when you skip a ball into a wide open receiver's knees on 3rd and 5, there is no possible defense for that...especially when accuracy has never been a strong suit of your game.

Ditto this. Weber made some great throws today and will continue to start. I foresee Gray being mixed in more and more until they're at an even 50/50 in two weeks.

Great throws? What game were you watching? It was not the Gopher OSU game. I saw throws at the feet of receivers at huge times in the game

Top Bottom