Who is your Gophers MVP in the win over UCLA?

Who is your Gophers MVP in the win over UCLA?

• Koi Perich

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Darius Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daniel Jackson

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Max Brosmer

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • Anthony Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Going with Brosmer.... kept his poise.... no INTs, last drive and TD play was a gem...no panic in him and his years on the field really showed up. Jackson's 10 catches worthy as well, and Perich's first INT got their heads back in the game.

Last edited:

Brosmer was the difference in the final Q of Michigan and against both USC and UCLA. Hit 70% of 37 passes tonight for 200 yards and 2 TDs. Stopping our running game, which has cost us games in the past, won't do it now. A shame Max doesn't have another year or two of eligibility with us. Defense was tough and highly motivated as usual. Gopher football is fun again.

I would have said Brosmer last week. This week DJ because 10 crucial catches, kept a lot of drives alive. Draws the double teams, he is an absolute pro out on the field. Honorable mention to DT Devin Eastern, he was a game wrecker up front this game. Eastern played his rear end off this game.

Watching Brosmer play QB is a pleasure.

As a fan, it's such a change to know that if our opponents shut down our running game we can throw short, accurate passes to move the ball.

Max's veteran presence and his ability to process and then execute while under pressure have made a huge difference for this offense.

This was one of the harder weeks to pick an MVP. So many individual standout plays last night. In the end I picked Max because without him we don’t win the game.

The D Line.
To me, it usually comes down to LINE PLAY. In some games that are high scoring affairs, it is usually the offensive line that has allowed all that offense and all those points to happen that carries the day.

However, to me in this game, it was the defensive line that kept this Gopher team to stay in the ball game in the first quarter and second quarter. And from the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter. it was apparent that the halftime “…come to Jesus…” adjustment had been taken to heart by the front seven.

The fourth quarter was a combined effort in which the offense and defense REFUSED to lose.

I tip my hat to the UCLA Bruin team for playing at a level that certainly could have been good enough to win this game.

It is good to see the Gopher team just plain refuse to lose. Use the bye to heal and get ready for what is to come in the game following this much needed bye week Gopher!

Last edited:

I voted Jackson, but it was close with Brosmer and Eastern. That may have been the best game as Gophers for all 3 of them.

I'd say Brosmer as MVP.

I'd say Eastern played the best.

Those aren't always the same.

I went with Brosmer, he is the difference. We lose last two games without him. Watching AK play yesterday gave me so much appreciation
The go ahead TD at the end, Brosmer had to step into the pocket to make that throw as it was shrinking, AK would've tucked and tried to get out of the pocket and we would've had to settle for a FG to tie and hope the defense could hold UCLA out of FG range.

Top Bottom