Who is your Gophers MVP in the ass whopping of MSU?

Who is your Gophers MVP in the ass whopping of MSU?

• Tanner Morgan

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • Defense

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

I voted other for the receivers. They stepped up when we needed it.

Been begging for the D to be included and they finally are but I gave this one to Morgan and by extension KC. Beautiful gameplay and Morgan was locked in. 😎

D was awesome again though.

TM is one of the many MVPs. He stood out the most.

It's been a few years since 2019, but this is the best all-around game I recall Tanner playing.

So much on point - ball placement, decisiveness, clutch runs. Spreading the ball around. Accuracy. This was his best in M&G.

Morgan lit it up. Quieted critics. Changed the look of the game.

Morgan. Had a terrific game and met the challenge of the absence of his favorite receiver. Jackson, Brown-Stephens, and Wright all played well and are all really talented, but I was worried the loss of Autman-Bell would throw Morgan for a bit of a loop. It didn't.

Morgan should be shutting people up.

He still didn't display the game changing qualities we need to come back from down 17 so jury still out for me
We played.....assume Gopherchase is also still not impressed and will continue to assume Morgan is only playing because PJ likes him.

Could also argue coaching staff. One team looked ready to go this week and they were not wearing green. Impressive how we came out in their crib and curb stomped them.

Morgan. Had a terrific game and met the challenge of the absence of his favorite receiver. Jackson, Brown-Stephens, and Wright all played well and are all really talented, but I was worried the loss of Autman-Bell would throw Morgan for a bit of a loop. It didn't.
I think it may help in a way... No chance of trying to target your #1 too often and telegraphing it to the defense... Today Morgan was very adept at spreading it around and seemingly always choosing the right target.

I think it may help in a way... No chance of trying to target your #1 too often and telegraphing it to the defense... Today Morgan was very adept at spreading it around and seemingly always choosing the right target.
I thought Wright's knee-high catch on a slightly underthrown 15-yard out was a really big league play. You can see why folks say he's got the goods.

Morgan obviously. IMHO his best overall BIG game. But to give him the MVP for todays game, the OL must be recognized too. They gave him excellent protection all day long. Got to clean up the penalties, but overall they dominated the LOS from the start to the finish.

Reactions: Go4

Morgan, played nearly a perfect game.

I thought Wright's knee-high catch on a slightly underthrown 15-yard out was a really big league play. You can see why folks say he's got the goods.
Also the turn back up field. He has all the tools! He just needs to refine that route running.

We played.....assume Gopherchase is also still not impressed and will continue to assume Morgan is only playing because PJ likes him.

I think he was joking - or at least I hope he was.

Morgan should be shutting people up.

Who was complaining (at least among Gopher fans)? Now, he still might not have the respect he deserves against opposing team fans, but isn't that usually the case (unless you're an Ohio State QB)?

If your QB plays an almost perfect game, he is the MVP. Our defense was fantastic but it's Tanner Morgan.

If I had to single out someone I would say Tanner but whenever your offense has a great game, the QB has an MVP advantage because he is involved in every play. He's been great but I don't want to pick him in every good offensive game we have.

Top Bottom