Who is your Gophers MVP in HUGE win over Nebraska?

• Dragan Kesich

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Daniel Jackson

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Aidan Gousby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Nubin

Votes: 104 78.2%
  • Athan Kaliakmanis

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Tre'Von Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Jackson, Nubin wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for his absolute insane catch

Has to be Nubin.

Game on the line and your big time players need to make a play and Nubin made the biggest play of all.

Nubin, no question.

Offense:

#9 Jackson with that great one-foot catch after beating the defender.

1693569406539.png

Defense:

DB #5 Walley made that crucial strip fumble when it looked like Nebraska would win.

1693569458797.png

The Gophers couldn't run the ball, but I'm still going to give some love to RB #2 Tyler -- my contrarian opinion. Tyler showed awareness and moves with defenders on him.

Walley made a lot of big plays to keep us in the game. He got my vote in the walking to the car discussions.

I went with Tyler Nubin. Honorable mentions to Daniel Jackson and Dragon Kesich.

It's Nubin but Walley should absolutely be part of this poll.

Offense:

#9 Jackson with that great one-foot catch after beating the defender.

View attachment 26651

Defense:

DB #5 Walley made that crucial strip fumble when it looked like Nebraska would win.

View attachment 26652

The Gophers couldn't run the ball, but I'm still going to give some love to RB #2 Tyler -- my contrarian opinion. Tyler showed awareness and moves with defenders on him.
I agree on Tyler. We're so used to seeing Mo just bounce off defenders. I was worried he would try and run east-west but he was initiating contact and pushing forward.

Don't forget Justin Walley deserves his name in the list. He came up big with great tackles, and the forced fumble that started the comeback!
He is my "other" vote. But who could argue with Nubin?

Don't forget Justin Walley deserves his name in the list. He came up big with great tackles, and the forced fumble that started the comeback!

I picked Nubin because two picks (neither of which was a gimme) is unreal. The second of which set up the game winning FG.

But both Jackson and Walley (why isn't he an option?) are RIGHT there. I'm guessing that the ESPN percentage chances for the Gophers to win were at their very lowest the play prior to Walley punching the ball out of the Nebby RBs hands and the 4th down leading to Jackson's catch. Two incredible individual plays when things were looking dim.

With everyone saying Walley should have been on the list as his forced fumble was massive.

The cool part is a case could be made for a number of guys on that list but with 2 picks I think it has to be Nubin.

Top Bottom