Who is dumping their season tickets?

Reaction score
I have four and looking at adding two more. We also took a friend this year who had never been to a game and he is buying two season tickets. As a family we've been to every Big Ten stadium in the conference except Indiana and there is not one stadium that even comes close to TCF.
Some have added seats and some have made renovations, but if you line them up with TCF they're woefully second class. Folks, it is not all about the game. It is about the grandure of college football and what it brings in the way of entertainment. Sure we've taken a beating from our rivals to the east and south and may again next year, but the worm will turn. Next year when I make the trek to Madison I will walk into that glorified landfill look around and say to myself.
Win or lose, at least we've a stadium that is the broadway of college football as I try to squeeze
myself into a seat that you couldn't put a 6 month old baby on.....Happy New Year

Never. There's nothing I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon than watch Gopher football in that stadium. I don't care how bad the team is.

Yeah, these people giving their tickets up are ridiculous. I'm not sure if they're saying it to get a rise out of some people; it makes me happy knowing there will be a good opportunity to 1) buy some additional seats and 2) get rid of the riff-raff who were not huge supporters of the program anyway.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say anyone announcing to the board that they are dumping their season tickets never had them in the first place.

Folks, it is not all about the game. It is about the grandure of college football and what it brings in the way of entertainment. Sure we've taken a beating from our rivals to the east and south and may again next year, but the worm will turn.

You know you have a bad team when you say it is not about the game and it is about the enviornment, i mean grandure, of college football. Only fans who have bad teams say the game does not matter. It is why many of us can except the failure we see on and off the field and will contiune to purchase tickets and not hold anyone accountable.

I'm picking up one more. Can't wait for next year.

I know it looks bliek, but I hope people aren't dumping tixx in year 2 of the new stadium. the upside is there, just maybe a while away

If anything it seems like people here are looking to add more. Count me in that group as well. I brought some friends various games this year and even in games we lost everyone had a great time. They all want to get in on tickets for next year.

So wait....

You know you have a bad team when you say it is not about the game and it is about the enviornment, i mean grandure, of college football. Only fans who have bad teams say the game does not matter. It is why many of us can except the failure we see on and off the field and will contiune to purchase tickets and not hold anyone accountable.

It is a pristine day on a northern Minnesota lake in the Boundry Waters. For whatever reason the fish just arn't biting. I would think you take it all in enjoy moment and say to yourself: "Well, the fish live to fight another day" If your mind set is going to TCF with the only thought of wiining the game and family,friends, tailgating. etc don't mean a rat ass then your really not going to have a very good time.

AF and Cal...and 212

Nope, not Ms. Billd and me. The football was truly fun for AF and Cal...clear and warm with summer on the wane and fall not yet arrived. Enjoyable...period...after all those years in the Dome. Maybe next year we'll actually get a real October...not straight to winter!

This year's team performance...although disappointing...is nowhere near what will be necessary to pry my season tickets from us after paying to sit in the Dome. Not gonna happen.

Besides, we've got work to do in 212 to get it fully up to gameday standards. Started off strong but waned as the season progressed. Still better than a lot of sections, but room for improvement.

Go Gophers! Keep recruiting!

Happy Harry

I have four and looking at adding two more. We also took a friend this year who had never been to a game and he is buying two season tickets. As a family we've been to every Big Ten stadium in the conference except Indiana and there is not one stadium that even comes close to TCF.
Some have added seats and some have made renovations, but if you line them up with TCF they're woefully second class. Folks, it is not all about the game. It is about the grandure of college football and what it brings in the way of entertainment. Sure we've taken a beating from our rivals to the east and south and may again next year, but the worm will turn. Next year when I make the trek to Madison I will walk into that glorified landfill look around and say to myself.
Win or lose, at least we've a stadium that is the broadway of college football as I try to squeeze
myself into a seat that you couldn't put a 6 month old baby on.....Happy New Year

You are kidding about Wisconsin ... right??!! Camp Randall is second class to the TCF stadium in what?? How can you compare their 82,000 fans (and total atmosphere) to TCF's 50,000 (where anywhere from actual fannies in the seat usually numbers about 38,000 to 45,000 in attendance)?? It is absolutely night (Gophers) versus day (Badgers). Throw in the State Street walk to the stadium, the house parties at every house, our band compared to your anal retentive band,etc., and there is absolutely no comparison. (By the way, there is no landfill in or around CRS. Where did you get that mis-information from??) In addition, I have been to all the Big 10 stadiums and you wouldn't even come close to the fun and excitement at say --- the "Horseshoe" at Ohio State. New, shiny stadia don't always indicate top-notch entertainment!!!! Especially when it's occupied by a football team and coach who are going nowhere!!

I may dump mine

Living out of state since 2000, only been able to make it back to Minny one game on average per season, plus the steep donations...not sure if I want to donate another $2000 to be in the premium seats....

We'll see how I feel about our Gophers when it comes to renew.

I can assume that majority of you aren't premium seats holder and/or you live in town therefore it's easier and cheaper for you to want to keep your seats or pick up more! For those of us out-of state folks...it's really not a wise investment.

Not me, but if we don't show improvement, I don't like the idea of spending an extra $1000 on my seats and parking. You would think with the "extra revenue" we'd be able to spend mor money on a quality offensive staff.

Not me....the program is on an uptick

Go Gophers!

You are kidding about Wisconsin ... right??!! Camp Randall is second class to the TCF stadium in what?? How can you compare their 82,000 fans (and total atmosphere) to TCF's 50,000 (where anywhere from actual fannies in the seat usually numbers about 38,000 to 45,000 in attendance)?? It is absolutely night (Gophers) versus day (Badgers). Throw in the State Street walk to the stadium, the house parties at every house, our band compared to your anal retentive band,etc., and there is absolutely no comparison. (By the way, there is no landfill in or around CRS. Where did you get that mis-information from??) In addition, I have been to all the Big 10 stadiums and you wouldn't even come close to the fun and excitement at say --- the "Horseshoe" at Ohio State. New, shiny stadia don't always indicate top-notch entertainment!!!! Especially when it's occupied by a football team and coach who are going nowhere!!

You really signed up for an account just to post this? REALLY? BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Wow, just wow. :p

Not me. Had season tix since the Wacker years. I have 4 total and look forward to taking my kids to games as they get older.

If anyone is actually serious abut dumping their tickets they should just go ahead list their name and where their seats are so people on the board can try and buy them when we re-up.

How's that for performing a public service?:D

The trips from Bayfield are long, boring and costly but thats what it takes for us to be a part of Gopher football.

What it takes . . .

The trips from Bayfield are long, boring and costly but thats what it takes for us to be a part of Gopher football.

The decision to do or not to do "What it takes," is the very element that is the separating point for many diodic pairs.

There will be one or two fewer season tickets in my group next season. A member of our group has decided not to reup for reasons including distance, and other issues. A second my drop their ticket for family and other commitments that have conflicted with games in the past. Neither of our group members are making threats concerning the coaching staff or records. I'd love to underight all of the tickets in our group. That would mean the ability to share the experience of college gameday with new fans, but financially that is not an option.

We have 11 in our group, and will be adding a lot more this year. Looks like we may end up with 20 in our group.

Living out of state since 2000, only been able to make it back to Minny one game on average per season, plus the steep donations...not sure if I want to donate another $2000 to be in the premium seats....

We'll see how I feel about our Gophers when it comes to renew.

I can assume that majority of you aren't premium seats holder and/or you live in town therefore it's easier and cheaper for you to want to keep your seats or pick up more! For those of us out-of state folks...it's really not a wise investment.

Let me know if you want to sell tickets. I can fill seats for Gophers football like nobody's business. Two hours from TCF and tons of folks wanting to go. Need help with your donation? Glad to, Chief. It ain't investment for me, it's part of the culture.

Well, of course the game matters. Everybody knows that. But the question is, do you need to win in order to see value in the experience? Like the guy a couple years ago on another board who came on after a loss whining that the Gophers cheated him out of an afternoon at the beach. See, if winning is all he's looking for then he cheated himself. When I was a teen we seldom shot a deer in this state. At least there was little prospect for filling all tags in a party. That didn't keep us home fuming like spoiled children.

Come on, people.

This team is abysmal. I don't understand how you people can continue to put YOUR hard-earned (or easily-earned, possibly) money down to support this product. All the people in Section 232 Row 18 should drop their tickets immediately. Especially people in seats 10 to 13, because I really want to add at least 4 more tickets.

This team is abysmal. I don't understand how you people can continue to put YOUR hard-earned (or easily-earned, possibly) money down to support this product. All the people in Section 232 Row 18 should drop their tickets immediately. Especially people in seats 10 to 13, because I really want to add at least 4 more tickets.

HA! Same goes for all you bandwagon fans in section 117 row 10.

And Section 105, rows 1,2, and 3. Those seats sucked anyway. Especially with that drunken loudmouth yelling for the whole game.

If I could afford I would add 2 more. At some time during each game I had a moment where I said to someone (or they said to me) better than sitting in the dome. Even if we were in the dome I would still be getting tickets. Can't wait until next year.

If possible - our family will be adding two more tickets. Go Gophers.

Top Bottom