Who else will struggle to sleep tonight?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
The nerves for tomorrow are higher than ever. Who else is running through game time scenarios in their head, wondering how the Gophs will look, worrying about how the Gophs play in whatever weather we get, etc?

tomorrow is for all the marbles, and I think it’s our turn.

Going to sleep soon and will be up in 6 hours to get ready for the game. I’m going to sleep like a baby knowing tomorrow is going to be epic, beginning with Game Day.

If anyone needs a tailgate spot, hit me up!

My buddy that hosts loves new people!

Seriously shoot me a private message on here!!

Back in the Mason era I used to uptight and have trouble sleeping.

My solution was to drink extra beers late into the night, and that was not so ideal back when 11AM starts for the Big Ten were more regular than today. That solution was a bit risky, but I never missed a 11 AM start at the evil Metrodome.

I sort of enjoyed the 11 AM start for Penn State, since i dreaded the extra hours of waiting, but 11 AM starts are a very bad thing, so I hope they become the realm of Rutgers and Illinois forever.

The GF asked me if I was going to the game in the morning . I replied that it was the biggest game in my lifetime, so ????

I did not go the the game at Madison last year, and I have a lot of respect for those fans I saw in the stands wearing Gopher gear seen on the TV broadcast on the south/ Fieldhouse side in Q4. What s scene, and I hope it is x4 at 6PM Saturday.

Win or lose I will be there tomorrow.

I was at Iowa two weeks ago and that was tough, and I went to Northwestern last week, and that OK (good, but not enough Gopher fans), redemption for all tomorrow.!!!!!

The GF asked me if I was going to the game in the morning . I replied that it was the biggest game in my lifetime, so ????

I did not go the the game at Madison last year, and I have a lot of respect for those fans I saw in the stands wearing Gopher gear seen on the TV broadcast on the south/ Fieldhouse side in Q4. What s scene, and I hope it is x4 at 6PM Saturday.

Win or lose I will be there tomorrow
I drove out to Madison last year by myself. Couldn’t get anyone to go with me. My uncle and cousins were all too scared to potentially watch the Gophs get a beat down in Madison. My wife was sick and didn’t want to get more sick. So I went alone. Went down to the field after the game to congratulate players as they paraded around and try to touch the axe. Then drove back to Athlete’s Village to take part in the welcome home party. Touched the axe, stood front row to listen to Fleck’s speech. It was incredible.

Win or lose I will be there tomorrow.

I was at Iowa two weeks ago and that was tough, and I went to Northwestern last week, and that OK (good, but not enough Gopher fans), redemption for all tomorrow.!!!!!
I was at Iowa as well. Sad, sad day there.

So proud of you MJF, I went to Iowa by myself this year, with a stop to see family in Decorah IA to Friday to shorten the trip. I was 0-3 for Iowa now zero for four.

I was hoping the win a Iowa would be clinching win with Northwestern an assumed win but that did not happen.

Sometimes it is great to keep the faith i the team and I am glad it paid off for you in Madison for your last year, and for me last week in Evanston.

I'd trade the results though. For all the marbles now! Good old Pops is still waiting so I hope we can pull it off.

Last edited:

So proud of you MJF, I went to Iowa by myself this year, with a stop to see family in Decorah IA to Friday to shorten the trip.

I was hoping the win a Iowa would be clinching win with Northwestern an assumed winbut that did not happen.

Sometimes it is great to keep the faith i the team and I am glad it paid off for you in Madison for your last year, and for me last week in Evanston.

I'd trade the results though. For all the marbles now!
Glad you made it to Iowa, even if it had to be alone. yeah I was really thinking this was the year to win in Kinnick. But there are plenty of years to come for that. I take it you went to the NW game as well last weekend? I’m willing to say Iowa is the only loss in the regular season if it means we’re 11-1 and keep the axe. That’s a beautiful season in my opinion.

So proud of you MJF, I went to Iowa by myself this year, with a stop to see family in Decorah IA to Friday to shorten the trip.

I was hoping the win a Iowa would be clinching win with Northwestern an assumed winbut that did not happen.

I'd trade the results though. For all the marbles now!

Attachments

• 600B814E-7827-4322-9588-1D2E646AF965.jpeg
    600B814E-7827-4322-9588-1D2E646AF965.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 9
  • FA022D58-06BE-4A40-A778-F0670539B528.jpeg
    FA022D58-06BE-4A40-A778-F0670539B528.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 9
  • F63B9015-DF00-460C-93E1-C17D0057E535.jpeg
    F63B9015-DF00-460C-93E1-C17D0057E535.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 8

Glad you made it to Iowa, even if it had to be alone. yeah I was really thinking this was the year to win in Kinnick. But there are plenty of years to come for that. I take it you went to the NW game as well last weekend? I’m willing to say Iowa is the only loss in the regular season if it means we’re 11-1 and keep the axe. That’s a beautiful season in my opinion.

Yes,. I thought is was the year to win at Iowa as well.

The whole day started sort of odd, with breakfast in very scenic Decorah, with a few in maroon sitting in the little cafe. ... good start..

As a I drove south towards Waterloo the terrain became a lot more flat and ugly, and the locals became more obese and scowling. Maroon clad "city" types were noticed. When I hit the scan button on the radio, I noticed awful Iowa radio was. i would have been happy with some retro Polka, but all I got was bad 80s music and country. Living in Iowa cannot be good in some of these towns.

Once I got to Iowa City it was all better, the hills and trees returned, the students were good hosts, with the only negative being the score. Iowa is a very hard State to get a good handle on.

Last edited:

2.03 I am still up!!!! I'll there in 12 hours or so, at 2:15 or so when the band comes out of the tunnel.

Yes,. I thought is was the year to win at Iowa as well.

The whole day sort sort of odd, starting with breakfast in very scenic Decorah, with a few in maroon sitting in the little cafe.

As a I drove south towards Waterloo the terrain became a lot more flat and ugly, and the locals became more obese and scowling. Maroon clad "city" types were noticed. When I hit the scan button on the radio, I noticed awful Iowa radio was. i would have been happy with some retro Polka, but all I got was bad 80s music and country. Living in Iowa cannot be good in some of these towns.

Once I got to Iowa City it was all better, the hills and trees returned, the students were good hosts, with the only negative being the score. Iowa is a very hard State to get a good handle on.
Yes, day of the game in Iowa felt odd and something felt off the entire time before the game started. There was this strange feeling in the air around their fans that they knew they’d win that day. It was almost like they just know for 100% certain that Kinnick is such a hard place for visiting teams to win in. Their fans were very nice though. Only negative was the score that day.

Yup.
I just can’t...
If I was a kid and this was Christmas Eve, I’d wake up the house and run down to the tree, but alas, I need to wait 11 more hours.

Good grief, I wish we just would have played a little better/had a better defensive game plan at Iowa.

Good grief, I wish we just would have played a little better/had a better defensive game plan at Iowa.

Good lord, that D plan that Rossi had for Iowa in the first half vs. just sucked. No pressure, no blitz, just vanilla, just let them get comfortable... awful it , cost us the game

Still awake. Can’t sleep. Watching the Big Ten Channel’s replay of Iowa vs. Nebraska today.

Good lord, that D plan that Rossi had for Iowa in the first half vs. just sucked. No pressure, no blitz, just vanilla, just let them get comfortable... awful it , cost us the game
I wish so too. The defense looked very vanilla and very opposite of how they looked in the Penn State game. We need to open the game up tomorrow with the same ferocious attitude that we did against Penn State.

I have a SKI U MAH tattoo on my inner arm, if we win tomorrow, I am most likely to add Row the Boat to my tattoo.

Attachments

• BD017868-1BA2-4083-BE61-71B58041CC34.jpeg
    BD017868-1BA2-4083-BE61-71B58041CC34.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3

I will be up all night as well, but not by choice. I am at work.

It al comes down to to RB Tayopr and if we can stop him or the QB can make a play.
Agreed, I think if we hold Taylor under 150 yards rushing we win the game. I think if we win the turnover margin by just 1, we win the game. I think if Morgan throws 3 TD’s and over 250 yards passing, we win the game. Those are my 3 checkpoints that I think only one or two need to be met for us to win.

I have Game Day and the Game on DVR. Will probably sleep then watch Game Day and then of course the game.

Top Bottom