Who do you start?

We have two starters returning from last year. One solid and one very good. The only returning player that played major minutes is EE. EE will most likely start at center and has not been as good as Trevor. The Trevor/EE tandem will be replace by the EE/Mo tandem.

The only other returners are Mav, Oto Wally. None of which have shown much. All the rest of the team we know little about and have never played at this level.

We have a first year coach and a brand new system.

All of which results in many huge question marks.

To make any predictions about tourney berth and whether the team is better or worse than last year is fool hardy.

Lay off the meth. Fast-paced style against Big Ten schools is not going to magically get us to the NCAA tournament. I would be shocked if we finished in the top 9. Just being a realist, love the gophs but we have to be more realistic here. Dre and Austin are not big time players who can lead a team to the promised land, we just have to accept that. If we get Rashad though, then we can talk.

Dre is good enough to lead a team to the promise land. :drink::drink::drink:

EE is a true center, the Beast wasn't. The Beast is a better player, but IMO EE will give us better play at the 5.

I'd probably argue that of all Big Ten returners, no one had a better year for his team than Andre Hollins did.

Lay off the meth. Fast-paced style against Big Ten schools is not going to magically get us to the NCAA tournament. I would be shocked if we finished in the top 9. Just being a realist, love the gophs but we have to be more realistic here. Dre and Austin are not big time players who can lead a team to the promised land, we just have to accept that. If we get Rashad though, then we can talk.

You lose all credibility when you say Dre isn't a big time player. Did you even watch the tourney games? Dre single handidly won the UCLA game in the second half for us. In the Florida game we cut a 21 point halftime defecit, to 8, largely because Dre hit three 3 pointers in a span of two minutes. It baffles me how you think he isn't a big time player.

You lose all credibility when you say Dre isn't a big time player. Did you even watch the tourney games? Dre single handidly won the UCLA game in the second half for us. In the Florida game we cut a 21 point halftime defecit, to 8, largely because Dre hit three 3 pointers in a span of two minutes. It baffles me how you think he isn't a big time player.

"97FinalFourHappened" is secretly a Badgers fan on here just to piss us off... Dre = Splash, Dre = Stud, Dre = 1st (call me crazy) or 2nd team all B1G next season, Dre = Future NBA Player... That's a B1G time player IMO

So you're telling me that if you had the option of Trevor at center or EE at center, you're going to take EE? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding you.

EE is a true center, the Beast wasn't. The Beast is a better player, but IMO EE will give us better play at the 5.

So you're telling me that if you had the option of Trevor at center or EE at center, you're going to take EE? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding you.

I would have played the Beast at PF. No, I would rather have the Beast, but prefer to have a 7-1 center. Hope that makes sense. Like them both.

Not a badger fan by any means, just being realistic. It takes recruits to build a program, and Rich is going to have to get big recruits to change us around. Don't be surprised if we have a mediocre year- that's all I'm saying. But a step away from Tubby is a good step nonetheless. Am I exaggerating about Andre? Maybe a bit- but he needs a supporting cast. Calling him a Future NBA player is a stretch if he's out there with guys like EE and Mav.

Not a badger fan by any means, just being realistic. It takes recruits to build a program, and Rich is going to have to get big recruits to change us around. Don't be surprised if we have a mediocre year- that's all I'm saying. But a step away from Tubby is a good step nonetheless. Am I exaggerating about Andre? Maybe a bit- but he needs a supporting cast. Calling him a Future NBA player is a stretch if he's out there with guys like EE and Mav.

No it's not.

Middle of last Season Andre Hollins was projected to go 10th in next years draft by NBAdraf.net, he's now project late first round... How is it a stretch to call him a future NBA guy? And your EE reason isn't a very good one, EE can pass the ball very well for a big & Dre can move very well without the ball, if anything EE's passing may help Dre.

No it's not.

I want him to succeed just as much as the next guy, but we will watch and learn this season. I think he's much better suited when he had guys like Beast and Rodney grabbing O-boards for him. More boards equate to more shots. More shots equate to more points. I'll still be there in Williams Arena cheering my ass this year, but I'd like to see a better team than what we have this year. Losing AE and AF were huge, and we will suffer from Tubby's consequences.

I want him to succeed just as much as the next guy, but we will watch and learn this season. I think he's much better suited when he had guys like Beast and Rodney grabbing O-boards for him. More boards equate to more shots. More shots equate to more points. I'll still be there in Williams Arena cheering my ass this year, but I'd like to see a better team than what we have this year. Losing AE and AF were huge, and we will suffer from Tubby's consequences.

I agree with the O-boards part, but you definitely need to reconsider your thoughts on how good (not good) Dre is.

I agree with the O-boards part, but you definitely need to reconsider your thoughts on how good (not good) Dre is.

I think you need to reevaluate our roster as a whole. For him to have a stand-out year for a team that probably won't make the NCAA tournament is difficult. He has NBA potential at times, but his supporting cast will be the key to his success moving forward. Draft stocks skyrocket in March. If he can lead us deep in the B1G tourney and somehow give us a tournament bid, then I will agree with you. Trev and Rodney are bigger losses than you think, and we need bigs to help our guards.

Dre is a great spot up shooter. I personally don't think he is close to an NBA first round pick despite what some website may say. A very good college player and an all conference player though. As far as Elliot at the five rather than Trevor. I like Elliot but I would take Trevor any day of the week.We need someone to step up at the four or Elliot will foulout of every game. I wish if Tubby wasn't going to use Ingram very much at all he would have redshirted him. He would have been a big help to this year's team.

This makes total sense. I mean, look at the roster full of future NBA All-Stars that Damian Lillard played with in college.

Wow, didn't realize we had a Damian Lillard type player on our team. That would be nice. Maybe one day Andre will get rookie of the year over an Anthony Davis type player as well.

How the hell is Dre's ability as a player predicated on Mbakwe and Rodney getting offenseive rebounds? I'm just not seeing a correlation there. Anyway your point about extra possesions is moot. Minnesota last year was 290th in possessions per 40. While FIU was 59th. FIU averaged 6 more possessions a game while only being a middle of the road offensive rebounding team. Pitino's style of play is going to get us extra possessions next year wether it be by forcing turnovers, or generating some early offense, and not swinging the ball around the perimeter for 30 seconds and forcing up a bad shot like last year.

Wow, didn't realize we had a Damian Lillard type player on our team. That would be nice. Maybe one day Andre will get rookie of the year over an Anthony Davis type player as well.

What he's saying is NBA talent is NBA talent. Scouts recognize great players & it doesn't matter who your surrounding cast is. Damian Lillard who played at Weber State is a great example of this.

This makes total sense. I mean, look at the roster full of future NBA All-Stars that Damian Lillard played with in college.

And Damian Lillard started averaging 20 ppg as a sophomore. He stayed through his senior year... Really not much of a comparison here, especially funny for those insisting to me that Andre is gone after next year.

Change the subject when the total idiocy of your posts is pointed out to you. I would too.

It's quite simple actually. The more offensive rebounds you get, the more opportunities you have to score baskets. We all know that he doesn't have a mid range game and is average at driving the lane. Not sure that you would understand that, however.

It's quite simple actually. The more offensive rebounds you get, the more opportunities you have to score baskets. We all know that he doesn't have a mid range game and is average at driving the lane. Not sure that you would understand that, however.

Your offensive rebounding theory has already been refuted. Please try again.

I don't know man, might be time for you to change your user name and try again. I don't think anyone has an ounce of respect for you. You should try to post less when you make a new name though, otherwise your clear lack of intelligence might lead the entire board to turn on you again.

Trolling 101: How To Show I'm A Message Board Tough Guy

Course description: Don't test the waters at all, just jump right in with an arrogant, cocky bravado that says I'm smarter than everyone else here, despite initial posts providing evidence to the contrary. Facts are meaningless to me. I profess to be a Gopher fan, but I don't even know (can't even remember?) that the Gophers appeared in back-to-back NCAA tournaments in 2009 and 2010. If someone proves I'm wrong, or that I'm just throwing sh*t up against the wall, I'll just change the subject.

Course description: Don't test the waters at all, just jump right in with an arrogant, cocky bravado that says I'm smarter than everyone else here, despite initial posts providing evidence to the contrary. Facts are meaningless to me. I profess to be a Gopher fan, but I don't even know (can't even remember?) that the Gophers appeared in back-to-back NCAA tournaments in 2009 and 2010. If someone proves I'm wrong, or that I'm just throwing sh*t up against the wall, I'll just change the subject.

+1

I have a username with few posts because my old account wasn't working. Changed emails, wouldn't log in for some reason. Haven't been out to gopherhole in a few months, this is my first time back. Not that I care to justify your response, but I may as well throw that out there. I'm a 31 year old who has other things to do, call me crazy.

My original point- Dre Hollins is not the savior. We will be mediocre this year. End of story, no need to debate. We all know it is true, and there's really nothing that says otherwise. As gopher fans we are too optimistic, we need to be REAListic so that we can improve our future. But also, as mentioned, the firing of Tubby is a start.

What he's saying is NBA talent is NBA talent. Scouts recognize great players & it doesn't matter who your surrounding cast is. Damian Lillard who played at Weber State is a great example of this.

Damian is a different story- refer to one of my later posts. Averaged 20 a game since he was a sophomore. And scouts don't make the big board for draft net. It's hardly a reliable source.

Top Bottom