Who are you hoping for with the final commits?

calminnfan

Reaction score
Since it appears Robinson may have committed and that gives the Gophers 15, leaving 4 scholies left, who are you hoping for? Some seem obvious, such as McNeal and Richardson, which leaves 2. Then there is Lewan, Graner, Carter and Paige.

Since it seems like 4 from the above list is more of a dream, who do you believe will take up the final spots?

Honestly, I have my doubts most of the above mentioned will end up at the UofM, though would be thrilled to get any of them.

I think Graner may change to the UofM, though not this weekend. He will want to avoid committing to soon again.

I would like to think Carter will commit, but I think the only reason he still keeps MN in his top chioce list is out of respect for his cousin.

Of those listed, I am going to guess and say Richardson, Paige and Graner end up in Maroon & Gold. Since Robinson seemed to come out of nowhere, I will reserve the final commit to an "as yet to be determined" status!:)

McNeal, Lewan, Gainer & Richardson. Probably a pipe dream but I'd be very happy with those 4.

I imagine we'll over sign as they did last year so we may sign more than just 4 more. Someone will decommit, someone will be urged to accept a different schollie, someone will not qualify, etc.

I think we have McNeal and Carter in the bag already as silent verbals (#1 & #2).

Lewan will either commit within 48 hours and end it or he'll flirt with Az St, Michigan, maybe an SEC school for a while and then be golden in the end (#3).

A linebacker (#4) ,whether it's the kid from Detroit this weekend or one of the other who we're on or have visited wee need one in this class.

We take two Juco CB's this year and land Paige (#5) to go along with Robinson.

Anthony Leon (#6) a Juco who can play SS or perhaps work that hybrid position Lawrence plays. He visited Oregon and didn't commit, he's got buddies on the team and we're his only scheduled visit at this point.

Bryant Allen (#7), the jitterbug from Mizzou.

Lastly, we'll FIND a spot for Richardson (#8) if he decides to be golden.

Wow...you are an optimist, aren't you! ;)
I imagine we'll over sign as they did last year so we may sign more than just 4 more. Someone will decommit, someone will be urged to accept a different schollie, someone will not qualify, etc.

I think we have McNeal and Carter in the bag already as silent verbals (#1 & #2).

Lewan will either commit within 48 hours and end it or he'll flirt with Az St, Michigan, maybe an SEC school for a while and then be golden in the end (#3).

A linebacker (#4) ,whether it's the kid from Detroit this weekend or one of the other who we're on or have visited wee need one in this class.

We take two Juco CB's this year and land Paige (#5) to go along with Robinson.

Anthony Leon (#6) a Juco who can play SS or perhaps work that hybrid position Lawrence plays. He visited Oregon and didn't commit, he's got buddies on the team and we're his only scheduled visit at this point.

Bryant Allen (#7), the jitterbug from Mizzou.

Lastly, we'll FIND a spot for Richardson (#8) if he decides to be golden.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

After all, we need something to be optimistic about after this first half performance ;)

And in keeping with this pattern of thought, I would be happy with ANY quality committments. Its obvious we need all the help we can get.

Since it appears Robinson may have committed and that gives the Gophers 15, leaving 4 scholies left, who are you hoping for? Some seem obvious, such as McNeal and Richardson, which leaves 2. Then there is Lewan, Graner, Carter and Paige.

Since it seems like 4 from the above list is more of a dream, who do you believe will take up the final spots?

This certainly seems like a good time to look ahead.

There are 3 guys that I'm convinced will be Gophers - Bryce McNeal, Taikwon Paige and Bryant Allen. I'd be thrilled if coach Brewster can land a couple of the other names you listed, especially Taylor Lewan.

lewan sees these pitiful linemen we got. that means instant playing time for him.

Top Bottom