Who are the best and worst schools at utilizing the talent on their roster?

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting way to look at it. PJ and staff are in good company. I’m a little surprised Nebby didn’t make the cut on the right side of the graphic.

USC and Texas seem like they would be regulars on lists like this for a number of years spanning multiple coaching staffs.

I don't follow the recruiting rankings for other teams very closely, but Maryland was the first team I thought of that under utilizes their talent.

I love the math malpractice giving the recruits' rankings in four significant figures and the schools' rankings in three significant figures.
But for the true believers hard facts are anathema.

Interesting to note the fine print underneath “The Best,” where Wisconsin and Iowa are both listed. So, three B1G West teams in the top seven.

Interesting to note the fine print underneath “The Best,” where Wisconsin and Iowa are both listed. So, three B1G West teams in the top seven.
I think part of the reason big ten west teams are on here is because recruits tend to go under the radar in the Midwest so they are not rated as high.

USC and Texas seem like they would be regulars on lists like this for a number of years spanning multiple coaching staffs.
Add Tennessee to that list...shocked it is not on the list. Basically a .500 team over the past dozen years while having an average of Top 15 classes over that period.

Add Tennessee to that list...shocked it is not on the list. Basically a .500 team over the past dozen years while having an average of Top 15 classes over that period.

Tennessee made the dishonorable mention group on the right side along with Staford and UCLA.

I love the math malpractice giving the recruits' rankings in four significant figures and the schools' rankings in three significant figures.
But for the true believers hard facts are anathema.
Texas' ranking has 2 sig figs, and LSU's ranking only has one. How is anyone supposed to take Oregon Hot Takes seriously?

Talent is one thing. To work hard at the college level is another thing. Fleck recruits guys who are talented, willing to work hard, good students, and have a good head on their shoulders. Add it all up and you have a good football player who will continue to get better.

Top Bottom