Who— leidner or Morgan as your QB ?

Future post from the guy who created this post:

Who - Brewster or Fleck for recruiting?
Who - Wacker or Fleck for your motivational speaker?
Who - Nelson or Faalele in a bar fight?

These are questions that only get asked during quarantine. Still trying to decide if the original poster is obnoxious or genius.

ML never had a high football qb iq for game day. When ya think back it did look like street football on many many plays. Which is dumb at the bcs level.

Yep, shame the coaching staff was never able to find a better option.

These are questions that only get asked during quarantine. Still trying to decide if the original poster is obnoxious or genius.

It is the off season and at least the thread is about football as opposed to the other topic dominating the land these days.

I like Leidner a lot. Produced a lot of touchdowns even when playing injured. I wonder what he might have been had he given a compliment of receivers like the Gophers have now ... and had he benefitted from an aggressive OC. But I’ll take Morgan all day long, because ... he is the best QB I’ve seen at Minnesota in a long time. He’s a battler and a winner. His junior year, if he keeps progressing, should be a joy to watch.
I’ll tell you what happens if Leidner has great receivers. You’ll have underachieving WR’s because the quarterback can’t make the throws and get the ball to the receivers.

I’ll tell you what happens if Leidner has great receivers. You’ll have underachieving WR’s because the quarterback can’t make the throws and get the ball to the receivers.
Leidner was a disaster

Bateman or KJ Maye?

Steak or hot dogs?

Surly or PBR?

Ok serious question. I was a freshman for Joey Kings senior year which was Mitchs Junior year. I’m convinced they were the same player one played bball one played fball. Both had 20 pound bricks on both of their feet, both had ability to be solid But neither was all that special, both were the leaders of their team.

this is the real question- would you rather have Joey king be the leader of your bball team or mitchy be the QB of your football team?

Ok serious question. I was a freshman for Joey Kings senior year which was Mitchs Junior year. I’m convinced they were the same player one played bball one played fball. Both had 20 pound bricks on both of their feet, both had ability to be solid But neither was all that special, both were the leaders of their team.

this is the real question- would you rather have Joey king be the leader of your bball team or mitchy be the QB of your football team?
That’s a tough question. Our b-ball program could really use someone like Joey King right now.

It’s actually a good comparison.
Both I loved for their effort and being gophers.
Both okay.

wish both were better

If Joey King was our 9th man. We would be elite.
if Mitch Liedner was the third best quarterback on roster instead of the best. We would be elite.

I don’t know where to put this, but this is an amazing stat. The time period spans back to Leidner’s senior year, so I guess it fits the topic.

Morgan will end up starting at some point in the NFL and have a very respectable arm.

Better arm strength than he is given credit for.
Extremely accurate.
Hard worker - continually improves.
Leader.

Remember when Cousins came out and WA drafted him in the 5th round IIRC and everyone thought they were nutz because they took Griffin 2nd overall and Cousins persevered; I do think that Griffin was mishandled by Shanahhan, however that doesn't detract from where Cousins started out at and where he ended up at.

PJ is getting higher level recruits, but I believe he'll continue to find guys like Tanner because that's who he was when he started. It shows recruits how much they can develop, like Renner did as well, a poor man's John Schlicht.

Saban is a good coach, but there are several coaches IMO who could win with his talent.

PJ wants to build his own legacy - that's how you become the best in you profession. You have to go back to 1990 with Tech for a non-helmet school team (at the time they won) to win a championship - we'll be next within 6 years.

Bank on it!
Tech was a "non-helmet school team" ?? WTF and which tech are you talking about?

Morgan is the best QB I can remember at the U. Liedner was very forgettable.

Tech was a "non-helmet school team" ?? WTF and which tech are you talking about?

Crackin the brews a little early this weekend, huh :drink:?

Georgia Tech and Colorado split the 1990 college football championship (link below); Tech certainly was never considered a helmet school (in my lifetime), hence the "non-helmet school" comment. I probably could have included Colorado as well, but I guess I didn't because the Buffs had a great run under McCartney from mid 80s through the mid 90s, including winning their conference three years in a row during that time period and I was a Buffs fan also as they were fun to watch and ended Nebraska's hegemony in the Big Eight; I disliked Uncle Tom/Nebraska then as he was such a sanctimonious hypocrite IMO.

I don’t know where to put this, but this is an amazing stat. The time period spans back to Leidner’s senior year, so I guess it fits the topic.

Not bad for a guy who can't throw over 40 yards!

I don’t know whether this belongs in this thread, but Winston played with both QBs. He probably likes Mitch too. This is high praise from someone who can say whatever he wants at this point.

Neither
Mitch in no
Life here on earth should ever have been allowed to play QB .. tight end he should have stayed at
Kill was horrible at recruiting QBs. He took tight ends and made them QBs.
Joey king was a extreme roll player. That is great. Mitch started at QB the most important position. We were handicapped

Top Bottom