Who— leidner or Morgan as your QB ?

Morgan is just getting started so hold onto your season tickets!

I'd take Drew Brees.

I like Leidner a lot. Produced a lot of touchdowns even when playing injured. I wonder what he might have been had he given a compliment of receivers like the Gophers have now ... and had he benefitted from an aggressive OC. But I’ll take Morgan all day long, because ... he is the best QB I’ve seen at Minnesota in a long time. He’s a battler and a winner. His junior year, if he keeps progressing, should be a joy to watch.

There's some baitin' going on here...

I will say this, I really enjoyed Mitch's first year in 2013 when he was running over people. Obviously, that wasn't sustainable, and due to injuries he was never the same quarterback.

Morgan will end up starting at some point in the NFL and have a very respectable arm.

Better arm strength than he is given credit for.
Extremely accurate.
Hard worker - continually improves.
Leader.

Remember when Cousins came out and WA drafted him in the 5th round IIRC and everyone thought they were nutz because they took Griffin 2nd overall and Cousins persevered; I do think that Griffin was mishandled by Shanahhan, however that doesn't detract from where Cousins started out at and where he ended up at.

PJ is getting higher level recruits, but I believe he'll continue to find guys like Tanner because that's who he was when he started. It shows recruits how much they can develop, like Renner did as well, a poor man's John Schlicht.

Saban is a good coach, but there are several coaches IMO who could win with his talent.

PJ wants to build his own legacy - that's how you become the best in you profession. You have to go back to 1990 with Tech for a non-helmet school team (at the time they won) to win a championship - we'll be next within 6 years.

Bank on it!

The fact that there is nothing to debate in this debate is really something.

Morgan = Progress.

Last edited:

Who would you rather have ?
1*HI4kj-TPAQrfQkAdrw2KTA.png

I think Leidner was very good. He absolutely did not get the same offensive coaching as Tanner received the last couple years.
Hopefully, the new OC doesn't screw up Morgan....talking about fixing/improving his throwing motion. Wanting to assert himself as the show by changing things versus letting the players get the accolades. Don't fix what ain't broke. Time will tell.
Throwing to the tight ends and backs would improve things. Some of the other stuff could submarine us. Hopefully, the offense is best ever.

Morgan has exceeded Leidner’s production by leaps and bounds. Morgan has proven he’s an NFL caliber QB. That said, I do think had Leidner been put in the same situation with the same coaches, receivers, and coordinators... He might have also become a draft worthy QB. That is a hypothetical, and I’m not saying he’s better than Morgan, but I am saying I think this staff and scheme are 10x as conducive to creating an NFL QB.

The surface question is dumb....the answer is Morgan and it isn't even close. The only area where Leidner would be better than Morgan is running, in all other ways Morgan is far superior as a QB.

But system does play such a huge role in any QB discussion. Would be very interesting to know how guys like Weber, Leidner, Cupito and others would have fared in Fleck's system.

Last edited:

Hmmm.....

Would I rather have a quarterback who can run the read option effectively in Morgan, or

would I rather have a quarterback who could effectively ruin the read option and simplify the offense for the defense in Leidner?

Morgan beat Auburn.

With Leidner, we would have lost by double digits!

Top Bottom