White is still with team

Doc1001

Reaction score
according to Matuir 10 seconds ago. Yikes. Whats going on.

This directly contradicts JohnnyGopher's statement less than 20 minutes ago (who is usually well-informed).

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

I think he has an evil twin that keeps committing crimes and blaming it on Royce. The FBI has recruited Jack Bauer to find him and Royce is suspended while this takes place so they don't tip off the brother who is possibly the leader of a terrorist cell

I heard the same thing on the football pre game show on 830.

Myron Medcalf has to be the worst beat writer I have ever seen or read. Didn't he say something last year about Westbrook likely transferring?

How do you have a job?

This directly contradicts JohnnyGopher's statement less than 20 minutes ago (who is usually well-informed).

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Due process. Can't risk offending the Larry Fitzgerald Sr. crowd again. Grandpa White has some pull, his grandson's departure will be thorough and transparent.

Let's not hold our breath here. I think it's going to be tough for Tubby — or anyone else — to comment on the situation until everything is finalized. That's just how these things go sometimes I think.

The media in this town are such saps. Dumb rumor on a message board turns into breaking news on Fox 9 as if you can get expelled overnight.

Maybe the threat of explusion woke him up and Tubby agreed to give him one more chance. One can hope that this young man got the wake up call he so desperately needs.

I hate these rumormongers who want to bring someone down. This isn't Communist Russia where you are presumed guilty. Some of the posters here use the same mentality. Posting uncorroborated rumors just to trash someone is shameful.

I heard the same thing on the football pre game show on 830.

Myron Medcalf has to be the worst beat writer I have ever seen or read. Didn't he say something last year about Westbrook likely transferring?

How do you have a job?

Myron is also the one who started all the talk last year that Rodney Williams might have to be red-shirted. The sad thing is a lot of people on here who never saw him play actually believed it. There are a few who defend him, which I don't understand. Not only his writing below average, he tries to be a basketball expert, which he isn't.

that's what you get when you get someone from mankato state to be the gophers beat writer. The U has a much better journalism school, find someone from there.

What I don't understand is how the U is sticking to this whole "nothing has changed" line. Since they are now saying that he's not practicing or going to games, that is a change.

this story is far from done and will play out over the next week or two so don't start jumping to conclusions or criticizing people just yet.

this story is far from done and will play out over the next week or two so don't start jumping to conclusions or criticizing people just yet.

Am I correct in believing that given the status of his grandfather in the community, that this will be handled with extra sensitivity?

Also, can someone correct me if I'm wrong or confirm my memory that there was a backlash in the local black community after Clem was run out, and was Larry Fitzgerald Sr. involved in that protest?

The problem is nobody will give a straight answer right now and anytime his name is brought up is a conversation ender. The expelled rumors started before the game and really took off and we're coming from all directions. All I was able to confirm today is that Royce was suspended from all team activities and most people don't think he will be around much longer. Whether that means he was expelled or will leave on his own or tubby kicked him off is yet to be seen.

I guess it's still not very likely he'll ever wear a Gopher uniform. I had mixed emotions when it came out that he was still on the team this morning. I expected to be relieved that he would have one last chance, but I was also looking forward to this whole thing being over.

The problem is nobody will give a straight answer right now and anytime his name is brought up is a conversation ender. The expelled rumors started before the game and really took off and we're coming from all directions. All I was able to confirm today is that Royce was suspended from all team activities and most people don't think he will be around much longer. Whether that means he was expelled or will leave on his own or tubby kicked him off is yet to be seen.

thanks johnnygopher.

couple thoughts. last night didn't most people also think he had already been expelled and that was it? end of story. all i am saying is fox9's sources proved to be wrong, the sources of some posters here proved to be wrong. people speculating now that he won't be around much longer and it is just a matter of "how" may prove to be wrong yet again. for all we know it could be as simple as tubby and maturi do not want him exposed to the local media or general public - and considering the day-after-day stories by the strib and some of the horrible stuff people on GH have written about him i wouldn't blame them - until some of the surrounding stuff becomes clearer. i don't think anyone outside of smith & maturi are going to know for sure until it is officially announced. just sayin'.

you are almost always on top of your game, so i am not putting it at you that you are wrong here. just wanted to add my thoughts on the subject.

again, thanks for the insight above.

Top Bottom