While waitingfor the season to start _

Rog

Reaction score
So how is recruiting going?

Rivals rate the teams in total points that they have committed. This has some bearing. but because the number of committments vary, I took a look at the average points per committment. This may tell a little more about the quality of the committed player.

West Division:

Nebraska ------------81
Minnesota -----------73
Illinois----------------72
Wisconsin------------72
Northwestern--------68
Purdue---------------63
Iowa-----------------55

East Division:
Penn State----------119
Ohio State----------117
Michigan State------100
Michigan-------------94
Maryland------------76
Rutgers--------------64
Indiana--------------38

Ya, I know this isn't perfect by any means, because the recruiting season has a long way to go and probably some better players are holding out, etc., etc. but its never-the -less it is interesting.

Could you add in Western Michigan?

I am excited about the next group of commitments, probably as much as anyone here. I think you should keep this tally and do it again after the new facilities are complete. I will bet; even against some of you sharks, that number climbs in to the 90's at least.

I expect compared to past years this rating would be pretty high.

So, 7th in B1G recruiting to-date. We didn't expect much more than that, did we? Sounds like we're doing fairly well.

I'm curious what others on here think about recruiting rankings? Do they matter? Not sure if it has been discussed on here before, but it could be an interesting discussion...

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what's more eye opening, the separation between the East/West, or how much Iowa has fallen.

It is just about what one would expect. MS, Ohio St., Penn St., Michigan will more often than not top the Big 10 in recruiting most years. Just lucky that they redid the divisions and we ended up in the West. Need to stick with Wiscy and Nebraska to give us a shot to win the West.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom