Which tourny is better? NCAA or NIT?

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
I think there's some great arguments to be made on behalf of each. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Who can forget that magical NIT at the Met Center!!!! Bloomington was rocking that night!!

Neither. I'd go with the Insight Bowl!

I agree with Hodger.

No home game the Tuesday before the NCAA Tourney starts against a team like Tulsa or Richmond can top the thrill of a NYE bowl game that starts at 4pm and is on something called the NFL Network. ;)

Go Gophers!!

I don't think the CBI gets enough credit. That's where I'm throwing my vote.

lol, you leave yourself open for attack. Which bowl is better, the Insight Bowl or the Rose Bowl? :p

lol, you leave yourself open for attack. Which bowl is better, the Insight Bowl or the Rose Bowl? :p

They're both tremendous bowls of great interest to remarkable, tremendous fans all across the country.-Tim Brewster

I think there's some great arguments to be made on behalf of each. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Who can forget that magical NIT at the Met Center!!!! Bloomington was rocking that night!!

So, I had class tonight and had to watch the game on DVR - just finished a bit ago. I was so upset to have sequestered myself to watch that, had just started reading the board, and became more upset...and then I saw this. Didn't think anything could make me laugh, but this did, outloud. I will no refrain from reading any other posts before bed!

I like the NIT. George Mikan played in it. He liked it. It always had a lot of pizazz - Bright lights, Big city. It has lots of tradition. Long before the NCAA Tournament there was the NIT. I think it gets far too little respect. Seriously!

Just like some posters who do not get enough respect when they may only intermittently stop by into the basketball consciousness of the Gopher Hole site. They come with good, clear positive ideas - there is no such thing as a bad idea - and are often met with classless derision and humiliating sarcasm. The resulting feelings no doubt could lead a poster to a sense of inferiority and send one to a shrink.

(Segue - to my point which I wanted to make.)

By the way, whatever happened to our shrink? I believe he was brought in ONLY for the Wisconsin game. How did that come out?

Too often when people are in need of a shrink they think that one trip to the shop can cure everything. They think it is like going to the dentist to have a cavity filled. Everything is taken care of. Far from it. You need to build a trusting, ongoing, counseling relationship with the shrink over time. It is not enough to just pop in at the opportune time (Tubby owns BO) and pop out like some fleeting internet poster - seeking only a quick temporary jolt to the system. If you don't build a solid relationship with your shrink, it is very likely when first leaving the office you will have this sense of euphoria and you will go out and think you can conquer the world. You may be very successful at first (Wisconsin - Indiana). You may even be able to stay on top of your game for a short while (Illinois). You may even be able to run comfortably with those that are far above your own status (Purdue). Eventually however, your lifeless bad habits will return and you will tumble back to the place that got you into your psychological mess in the first place (Michigan - or the Insight Bowl).

It is time to build long lasting, ongoing, relationships with both the Shrink and with Studwell.

Bring Back the Shrink - and Studwell - don't be a stranger.

Otherwise, our only answer is to return to the couch and await the NIT pairings.

Top Bottom