Which QB Would You Choose?

2019 Morgan
Jacob Clark’s 1 throw vs Maryland
Cupito
AAK
Weber
Streveler vs San Jose St
Leidner

Leidner was tough as nails and a great leader. He was the best we had for 4 years. But he was a bad B1G QB.

2019 Morgan
Jacob Clark’s 1 throw vs Maryland
Cupito
AAK
Weber
Streveler vs San Jose St
Leidner

Leidner was tough as nails and a great leader. He was the best we had for 4 years. But he was a bad B1G QB.
So you're thinking about Weber too?

So you're thinking about Weber too?
I ranked him in a thread about starting Gopher QBs. I wasn’t sitting on a beach in Mexico randomly wondering how Weber would have done in 2019.

I ranked him in a thread about starting Gopher QBs. I wasn’t sitting on a beach in Mexico randomly wondering how Weber would have done in 2019.
I wish I was on a beach in Mexico...

The game has changed so much from the time of Cupito, Weber AAK and even Liedner to Morgan now. Back then, QB's actually had to read the defense and decide if they were going to change a play rather than look to the sideline for a new play call.
The offenses that were run by each are quite a bit different as well, other than Cupito and Abdul-Khaliq, making the comparison even more difficult.
If running Masons offense: The passing game was based on timing throws to the outside and taking deep shots. I would take Weber first, AAK second, Cupito third, Morgan 4th and Liedner 5th.
With the Revolving offenses of the Brewster years I don't think any of them would have come close to what Weber did, so Weber would be 1, followed by AAK, Morgan, Cupito and Liedner
In the Kill offense, Mitch did what was asked. He wasn't great, but he wasn't as bad as some say. He definitely is/was the toughest of the 5. But even so, I would take Weber 1, AAK 2, Liedner 3, Morgan 4 and Cupito 5. Simply because neither Cupito or Morgan were running QB's.
With the PJ offense Morgan has one spectacular year with two high end WR - no other QB has had that along with a fairly dominant running game. Since the emphasis in the offense is quick reads and a throw with little to no running by the QB I would take Weber as 1, Morgan 2, Cupito 3, AAK 4 and Liedner 5.

Top Bottom