Which newcomer will have the best Gopher career?

Which newcomer will have the best Gopher career?

• Jamal Mashburn Jr.

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Martice Mitchell

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • David Mutaf

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Both Gach

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Liam Robbins

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Brandon Johnson

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Who will have the best Gopher career among the in-coming class: Jamal Mashburn Jr., Martice Mitchell, David Mutaf, Both Gach, Liam Robbins and Brandon Johnson

I'm more interested to see the first (among those who, at some point, were very high on any these recruits) who posts "Big mistake bringing him in, he's awful" comments will show up when any one of these guys has their first 1-7 shooting night with 4 turnovers and foul trouble games. We know it's gonna probably happen to all of them at one point, but it will be fun to check the forum when it happens.

I voted Mashburn, mainly since there is a decent chance that Robbins, Gach, and Johnson are all 1 year players.

I voted Mashburn, Mitchell could be a serious sleeper though. He is a very driven individual from what I have read and if he stays four years, could also have a very nice career.

I voted Mashburn, mainly since there is a decent chance that Robbins, Gach, and Johnson are all 1 year players.
Unless Pitino and thus Conroy get fired, I don’t see Robbins leaving early. Gach and Carr maybe but I think Robbins would value staying for 4 years.

Mashburn may have a longer career but if we are talking about who will have the best individual season at their peak, I would say Robbins. Robbin’s best season will be better than Mashburn’s best season IMO.

I voted Mashburn, Mitchell could be a serious sleeper though. He is a very driven individual from what I have read and if he stays four years, could also have a very nice career.

Yeah, seems to me that it is easy to view Mitchell as an afterthought for some reason. I think if the question was which would have the least successful career that Mitchell would win (lose) easily.

Yeah, seems to me that it is easy to view Mitchell as an afterthought for some reason. I think if the question was which would have the least successful career that Mitchell would win (lose) easily.
Mutaf would lose the poll IMO. Mitchell is at least a top 150 recruit.

I'd say there's more than a decent chance that Johnson is a one-year player. But I've been wrong before.

You mean Robbins? Because I can guarantee you that 5th-year, grad-transfer Johnson is playing no more than one year here.
No, I meant Johnson, but I should have made my facetiousness more clear ?,

Fun question that's impossible to know the answer because of so many variables. Right off the top, do Gach and Robbins get to play this year? How long do any of these guys stay on campus in the transfer happy NCAA world? Is Richard here next year?
1. Hopefully, least likely is Johnson with just one year.
2. Mitchell because he is athletic potential...could be the best but his starting line is farther back...needs 4 or 5 years to keep getting better.
3. Mutaf, only because I worry he won't be here long enough. Probably not spectacular right away.
4. Gach, because if he has a nice season he'll likely wanna get paid.
5. Robbins could be one and done, especially if he has to sit one but he should be good when he plays.
6. Mashburn seems most likely to be productive for more than one season.

If Mitchell, Mutaf, and Mashburn the 3 M&M&M's all played 4 years that could possible make it a close debate. Today, I'd like to see that. Ask again at the end of the year. ha

i went with masburn for the best career, but would pick robbins for the most impact this next season.

Brandon. He'll be motivated by this poll to prove you all wrong. In his acceptance speech to the NBA Hall of Fame he'll reference this GH thread as to what motivated him to become the great player that he was throughout his storied College and NBA career. That, and as thanks to everyone that did vote for him in this poll, they get a new car. I'm really looking forward to that speech...

Last edited:

Top Bottom