Which 2015 Gophers football recruit are you most excited about?

Which 2015 Gophers football recruit are you most excited about?

• Shannon Brooks

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Demry Croft

Votes: 62 48.1%
  • Bronson Dovich

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jonathan Femi-Cole

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • James Johannesson

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Dior Johnson

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Quinn Oseland

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Rashad Still

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Tyler Moore

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
Other than Croft & Johnson there aren't many single guys who stand out compared to last year. But top to bottom this is probably the most solid class that Kill has put together. There are a few projects (including maybe Croft, who needs to hang and bang in the weight room for a year and put on some pounds), but now that we have depth Kill can redshirt a bunch of these guys

Step 1 - Close the borders- check, at least with our inbred rivals east and south
Step 2 - build depth- check, with the possible exception of WR
step 3- start to bring in the 4 star/elite talent - Hopefully next year.

You look at MSU and what Dantonio has done. He's had a lot of under the radar talent to build his current team. Now this year the Spartans sign several 4 star kids. We're a year or two away from that point. Check out this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...d-recruits-from-last-5-classes-191344267.html

A few Gophers like Williams & Cobb on this list, but 4 Spartans as well

The tackle from Alabama. It seems like these are the guys we need to stay elite on D.

I went with Croft.

I completely agree with JG about Oseland. He looks incredible and he is the best recruit of this class. However, the lure of a great QB is too much for me. I am also leery of getting too excited about a QB (and I love Perra's future), but the potential of Croft could be program changing. Now, I realize that the odds aren't great on that happening, but I'm a gambler.

I went with Croft.

I completely agree with JG about Oseland. He looks incredible and he is the best recruit of this class. However, the lure of a great QB is too much for me. I am also leery of getting too excited about a QB (and I love Perra's future), but the potential of Croft could be program changing. Now, I realize that the odds aren't great on that happening, but I'm a gambler.

Great points Bob. There is a difference between asking who do you think will be the best vs. who are you most excited about.

Voted JFC -
Also looking forward to Steiber. Those 2 cousins of his that wrestled @ tOSU were tough as nails and I would anticipate that toughness running in the family.

The fact that I've seen a lot of different answers in this thread is a good sign in my opinion

Other than Croft & Johnson there aren't many single guys who stand out compared to last year. But top to bottom this is probably the most solid class that Kill has put together. There are a few projects (including maybe Croft, who needs to hang and bang in the weight room for a year and put on some pounds), but now that we have depth Kill can redshirt a bunch of these guys

Step 1 - Close the borders- check, at least with our inbred rivals east and south
Step 2 - build depth- check, with the possible exception of WR
step 3- start to bring in the 4 star/elite talent - Hopefully next year.

You look at MSU and what Dantonio has done. He's had a lot of under the radar talent to build his current team. Now this year the Spartans sign several 4 star kids. We're a year or two away from that point. Check out this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...d-recruits-from-last-5-classes-191344267.html

A few Gophers like Williams & Cobb on this list, but 4 Spartans as well

MSU has signed at least two 4 star kids every year since 2009 to go along with some good unheralded guys.

At the social last night Kill said Femi-Cole in stature reminded him of Melvin Gordon.

I really like this class overall and I picked other in the poll. Ray Buford Jr. is my pick I think he will be a real nice playmaker in the secondary and think both he and high school teammate Dior Johnson will be guys who get early playing time this fall.

Top Bottom