Where will Minnesota finish in the final rankings?

GridironGus

Reaction score
In the final rankings we should jump Memphis, Michigan, Auburn and Utah to get to 14. Should we be ranked ahead of Penn State since we both finished with the same record? What if Oregon beats Wisconsin, do we get ahead of Wisconsin since they would have 4 losses even though they beat us pretty bad? 13 is probably the highest we could hope for.

#1. Seriously, it is hard to move more than about 5 or 6 spots. After today's win, seem like a top 10-12 team, but have so many spots to pass.

Somewhere in the 10-15 range

We should jump that Fraud Oregon team when WI pummels them.

I predict 15. Preseason #24 next year.

With wins against Penn State and Auburn it will be hard for us not to be ranked lower than #14 and I think we could go as high as #10. Preseason next year #16 - we have so much returning on offense and some key returnees on defense.

#1. Seriously, it is hard to move more than about 5 or 6 spots. After today's win, seem like a top 10-12 team, but have so many spots to pass.
True. but we fell 10 spots when we lost to #6. So....

In the final rankings we should jump Memphis, Michigan, Auburn and Utah to get to 14. Should we be ranked ahead of Penn State since we both finished with the same record? What if Oregon beats Wisconsin, do we get ahead of Wisconsin since they would have 4 losses even though they beat us pretty bad? 13 is probably the highest we could hope for.

What rankings are you looking at? We are already ahead of Michigan in the AP poll, we are 16 they are 17. Should jump PSU, but probably won't. Will Jump Memphis, Utah, and Auburn. Also could easily be ranked ahead of ND, but won't be. Could also jump Wisconsin, Oregon, and/or Baylor if they lose, but also might not. So I will say 13, maybe 11 at best.

We better jump Iowa
2 quality wins is better than 1 and 3 quality losses

Should absolutely finish the season in the top 10. Who has a better resume than wins over Auburn and Penn State? Currently #16 in the coaches poll and should jump Memphis, Auburn, Utah, and Baylor (assuming a loss to Georgia), and the loser of Wisconsin/Oregon at the very least. that puts them at #10. I'd argue for the Gophers over Florida after their performance against Virginia and a case could be made for the Gophers over Oklahoma and Penn State who both finished with the same record as Minnesota.

What rankings are you looking at? We are already ahead of Michigan in the AP poll, we are 16 they are 17. Should jump PSU, but probably won't. Will Jump Memphis, Utah, and Auburn. Also could easily be ranked ahead of ND, but won't be. Could also jump Wisconsin, Oregon, and/or Baylor if they lose, but also might not. So I will say 13, maybe 11 at best.

The CFP Rankings. We're 18th

The CFP ranking no longer matters. In the AP Auburn WAS #9 and we were #16. I predict anywhere from 12-14

13. We move ahead of Iowa, Memphis, Michigan, Utah and Auburn.

I don't know if we move ahead of Iowa, but we could possibly move ahead of Oregon is WI pummels them. We probably wouldn't, but we should.

12 or 13. 16 in next year preseason poll

I'd guess 11 in AP this year. I'd put us around 15 in pre-season next year.

I think Minnesota jumps everyone in front of them thru 11th with the possibility of Bama moving into the 10th slot. Now if Oregon and Baylor both get blown out, Penn State and Wisconsin wil move up and Oregon and Baylor fall out of the top 10. If Baylor gets blown out that would be bad news for their conference as Oklahoma may also fall out of the 10 (weak conference.) Lets wait and see what happens this afternoon and tonight. I have my top 10 predictions (hint Minny 9th.)

I tried typing "You're wrong," and a hand from my phone reached out and slapped me. I'm not trying that again.

There will only be two teams in the country with one loss when it is all said and done. Of course I know we won't move to number five, but there are only three teams in the nation that are better than we are. I would take my chances against any team this year that didn't go undefeated during the regular season.

Top Bottom