What will actual attendance be for Homecoming?

What will actual attendance be for Homecoming?

• 40-43K

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • 44-45K

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • 46-48K

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • 49+K

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score
What will actual attendance be for Homecoming? I'm talking butts in the seats, not announced.

I'd hope a 4-1 team for Homecoming gets 47K+, but with the weather, the fact we lost "gasp" a single game and the bandwagoners jump off, I bet it will be in 42-45K range.

I'm going to say somewhere between 47-49K. Discounted seats + winning teach + homecoming should equal more butts in seats, but who knows?

"If" we get a break in the weather, it will be close to a sellout. Many alumni come back for homecoming.

"If" we get a break in the weather, it will be close to a sellout. Many alumni come back for homecoming.

+ 1. I have season tickets and am an alum, and homecoming is very big for myself. Unfortunately, it will be the only home game I am missing this year. I will be at a wedding in California this weekend. Dang. Hoping for a huge turnout though! Go Gophers! :)

I think the fact that it is homecoming will help. I think one place we may take a hit is students. If it is raining and cold they are not going to show up when they can be somewhere else either sleeping off the night before or getting ready for a crazy homecoming night.

Attendance will depend on how much rain we may or may not get.

@GophersNow: #Gophers have about 1,500 seats available in TCF's general seating and about 1,000 in student section for #Northwestern homecoming game.

Go Gophers!!

Box score says 49,651, any guess as to actual "butts in seats" attendance?

Tough to say since many were in the concourse even before the rain came, but honestly I'd have to say 35-37k.

Tough to say, you be the judge. Here is the student section during the 1st quarter:
HomecomingStudentsection.jpg

Here's a panoramic of the entire crowd.
HomecomingPanaramic.jpg

Based on those pics, GL, it looks to me like the students were the ones who pussed out.

Based on those pics, GL, it looks to me like the students were the ones who pussed out.

Absolutely not. By percent of the tickets/seats available, the students kicked the STH/random buyers' butts. My pics from 2 seconds before kickoff.

20121013_110115.jpg
20121013_110118.jpg

Wish I had taken more about 5-10 minutes in to the 1st quarter. Student section was 90+% full on the lower level, 50+% full on the upper level. Look at the prime maroon chairback area and tell me you see more than 50% of them full. The students did their part and stayed outside in much higher numbers when it started raining, too. I'd say the students have been surprisingly good at supporting the team this year, especially compared to the rest of the sections.

Top Bottom