What new stuff would you like to see at the bank?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
We recently got news that the video board is going to be replaced at the Bank. Not upgraded. Not enlarged. Replaced.

The bank is now 13 years old. There hasn’t been much added or improved in those 13 years (not even additional flag poles on the stadium’s north rim. There were originally 11 flagpoles. One each for every B1G team. When the conference expanded, they simply traded in the flags for each school and replaced them with Gopher flags. Problem solved, I guess).

After recently attending the game at Beaver stadium, I posted about what a poor job that venue does to keep fans informed about in game stats and out of town scores.

That made me think further about what we have in our stadium. The ribbon boards have an out of town score rotation and the main video board has near constant info on team rushing, passing, and total yards. It doesn’t list first downs or individual stats.

I would love to see a non video board similar to what used to appear above the Metrodome bowl, in Huntington Bank Stadium. I used to appreciate its constant score-by-quarter running totals. I’d enjoy that, along with more team and individual stats as the game progresses, located in a constant location. I would think such a board would be far cheaper than a video board.

Attachments

• 5CEAE400-53A9-4609-8A4A-8423D63850FD.jpeg
    5CEAE400-53A9-4609-8A4A-8423D63850FD.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 12

Don't kill me for this ... but I don't think there's a ton to be done. I think the stadium was really well designed and built.

Replacing the video board is needed and being done. Other than that ...

It's college football, not the NFL. And we're a medium-sized program by P5 standards. Even if we have several great years, it's hard to see us going from 40-45k average attendance to suddenly jumping up to 70-80k attendance.

If anything, I think they should try to -- somehow -- keep growing the tailgating atmosphere and areas near the stadium.

The system they have rigged up with the fairgrounds is as nice as it can be, but nothing is going to beat tailgating by the stadium.

Don't kill me for this ... but I don't think there's a ton to be done. I think the stadium was really well designed and built.

It's college football, not the NFL. And we're a medium-sized program by P5 standards. Even if we have several great years, it's hard to see us going from 40-45k average attendance to suddenly jumping up to 70-80k attendance.

If anything, I think they should try to -- somehow -- keep growing the tailgating atmosphere and areas near the stadium.

The system they have rigged up with the fairgrounds is as nice as it can be, but nothing is going to beat tailgating by the stadium.
There's plenty of tailgating lots right next to the stadium. People just need to decide to use them.

Audio of the radio broadcast piped into the bathrooms, would be nice to be able to keep up what is happening on a potty break.......missed the Nubin pick on the way out at the end of the game and could only hear a crowd roar.

We recently got news that the video board is going to be replaced at the Bank. Not upgraded. Not enlarged. Replaced.

The bank is now 13 years old. There hasn’t been much added or improved in those 13 years (not even additional flag poles on the stadium’s north rim. There were originally 11 flagpoles. One each for every B1G team. When the conference expanded, they simply traded in the flags for each school and replaced them with Gopher flags. Problem solved, I guess).

After recently attending the game at Beaver stadium, I posted about what a poor job that venue does to keep fans informed about in game stats and out of town scores.

That made me think further about what we have in our stadium. The ribbon boards have an out of town score rotation and the main video board has near constant info on team rushing, passing, and total yards. It doesn’t list first downs or individual stats.

I would love to see a non video board similar to what used to appear above the Metrodome bowl, in Huntington Bank Stadium. I used to appreciate its constant score-by-quarter running totals. I’d enjoy that, along with more team and individual stats as the game progresses, located in a constant location. I would think such a board would be far cheaper than a video board.
The ribbon boards constantly rotate individual and team stats for both teams right by where the time and score is shown.

Fill the stadium by offering U students cheap -- maybe $5 -- tickets to fill specified sections.

At yesterday's game, I took a moment for gratitude. We have an outdoor on-campus stadium that serves beer and there truly is not a bad seat in the house. It may not be historic or monstrous like the Big House or Beaver Stadium, but I don't think I would want that for The Bank.

There are a couple of beer/drink concessions up on the top concourse. The could easily add more to alleviate the crush in the main concourse. Easy and cheap.
There is normally four up there and they added several more for the Purdue game.

Porta-potties on the top walkway would be a travesty. Not to mention that they'd probably be terrible to clean/empty.
I'm pretty sure everything is set up to add bathrooms up there for future expansion. The current mezzanine has the ability be widened considerably as well. Would need to be consistently close to or selling out games for any of that to be considered.

Porta-potties on the top walkway would be a travesty. Not to mention that they'd probably be terrible to clean/empty.

ALL porta-potties are terrible to clean and empty - trust me on that. They’d be used, and would alleviate at least some of the current wait time at restrooms in the concourse.

ALL porta-potties are terrible to clean and empty - trust me on that. They’d be used, and would alleviate at least some of the current wait time at restrooms in the concourse.

The point is that being on the top walkway of the stadium would make it quite a bit more difficult.

Maybe the wait times are worse (although I'm not sure why they would be) on the visitor side of the field? Because I have never noticed a problem with wait times for the bathroom. If you wait for halftime? Yeah....you might run into short wait times....but nothing that should force the addition of porta potties.

Porta potties??? Really?

The Bank bathroom situation is much better than places like Camp Randall and Kinnick. I remember standing in line and wasting 1/2 of a quarter of on-field action the first times we visited both stadiums.

We have learned to manage out BR visits at the Bank.

Cant imagine that anyone that walks into the stadium doesnt have a phone they can check on all scores of the day. We don't need a scrolling scoreboard to get news. Have the best wifi of any stadium is all that we can ask. It should never take more than several minutes to enter the stadium, so that process could be improved, for the most part things seem pretty good.

Porta potties??? Really?

The Bank bathroom situation is much better than places like Camp Randall and Kinnick. I remember standing in line and wasting 1/2 of a quarter of on-field action the first times we visited both stadiums.

We have learned to manage out BR visits at the Bank.

Yup. From my section....I've run down to the bathrooms during a media timeout and been back in my seat without missing a down. Absolutely no reason to think porta potties are even a remotely good idea.

Top Bottom