What is wrong with this team?

That’s up to Ben, Parker, and the NCAA to decide. Why do you care or feel the need to tell him how to live if he ain’t hurting anyone?
He's hurting the Gophers. They should focus on the future not a player who clearly has injury problems. Additionally, there is going to be a logjam at his position. Ask him to retire (his knees would thank him) and utilize the open scholarship to find a beep beeper (ultra fast guard). If that can't be accomplished let him have the scholarship for one more year, but he needs to understand that that is the situation and he needs to live and buy into it.

By the time he steps on the floor in a Gophers uniform, it will be almost 2.5 years since his last minute of competition...and that was at the D2 level (plus two blown up knees - So i highly doubt he will be as explosive)

He's hurting the Gophers.
This is on Ben to decide.
They should focus on the future not a player who clearly has injury problems. Additionally, there is going to be a logjam at his position. Ask him to retire (his knees would thank him) and utilize the open scholarship to find a beep beeper (ultra fast guard). If that can't be accomplished let him have the scholarship for one more year, but he needs to understand that that is the situation and he needs to live and buy into it.
How many programs do you think fill scholarships 12&13 with playable guys? Again on Ben and Parker to talk and see where they lie. Parker was playing last spring. They had idea of where he was. They likely will again this spring and can be honest about whether he can contribute or not.

By the time he steps on the floor in a Gophers uniform, it will be almost 2.5 years since his last minute of competition...and that was at the D2 level (plus two blown up knees - So i highly doubt he will be as explosive)
Fair points, as the 12th or 13th scholarship he’s a fine take. Part of why him being a good dude matters here. He’s an awesome teammate and will accept his role. Also very valuable for 12th and 13th scholarship guys.

Agreed. The Ivy League won't even give a 5th year scholarship. I once read a spokesperson say almost your exact words" We believe our students should move on with their lives." The Ivy League also announced that they would not give scholarships for the optional 5th year due to COVID.

I personally don't see why someone who essentially came here as a grad student but never played due to injury should be entitled to a third scholarship year.
Ivy League does not have athletic (or academic) scholarships, so I assume you just mean the league doesn't support extra years of eligibility.

Top Bottom