What is the 2011 Offensive Line looking like?

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
Who's going to make the cut? Do we have players that can fit into Kill's style?

Who's going to make the cut? Do we have players that can fit into Kill's style?

This will be an interesting group next year as most of the OL bodies on the team are underclassmen or are incoming recruits and will be redshirted (maybe Tommy won't?). 3 Sr's, 0 Jr's and the rest are made up of the aforementioned.

What kind of impact can Wynn or Orton have next year? Will it be significantly more that the talented guys who are redshirting this year, if not, lets just get the young guys some PT, but that will likely not happen. I know Bunders will be back but I think he was probably the least effective starter on the line this year. Should be interesting.

Hopefully Gjere has progressed like he should, if he isn't ready to start next year after all his accolades I will be very disappointed.

Brewster failed to bring in one OL in his 2008 class. That has not helped. He focused on other needs with that class, mostly on D.

Bunders needs to step up and be a leader. Its his time. Olson should be fine. Orton, Wynn & Davis got a ton of PT as starters on the 08 squad and then rode the pine when Coach Davis came in although Wynn had back issues. Davis quit to focus on track & field.

So that leaves Gjere, Michel, Motta and Jacques(?) to buck up.

My guess....LT- Ed Olsen, LG- Bunders, C- Wynn, RG- Orton, RT- Michel

w/ Mottla backing up at C & Wynn capable of playing anywhere on the line + perhaps Tommy Olsen for depth. I've not heard of Jacques or Ragoo doing anything yet & Gjere sounds like he's still another year away at least.

* Davis is gone.

Top Bottom