What is going on with the ads on GH?

KGF

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the ads making the site difficult to navigate?

Ads over the top of my Alerts, unable to go to Alert replies as ads move the page around, etc.

Using an iPhone is nearly impossible with the size of ads.

I hate to bitch about it, but…

Yeah, I don't even look at the alerts anymore, by the time I try to look at them, a mortgage ad shows up.

Yeah, I don't even look at the alerts anymore, by the time I try to look at them, a mortgage ad shows up.
I’m compelled to reply to howie. And I can’t find the post he is laugh emojing at.

Is it just me or are the ads making the site difficult to navigate?

Ads over the top of my Alerts, unable to go to Alert replies as ads move the page around, etc.

Using an iPhone is nearly impossible with the size of ads.

I hate to bitch about it, but…
Very bad on mobile. Both over the alerts and the post button. Clearly deliberate! Fine on a normal web browser.

We have a new ad partner and are still working through some kinks. We will forward this feedback to them and ask that they look into it. Thanks @KGF

Reactions: KGF

I'm sorry, I'm working on this but I'm not familiar with this software package. How does one trigger these notifications that are being obscured? I just need a way to trigger one of them and I should be able to resolve the issue quite quickly.

Very bad on mobile. Both over the alerts and the post button. Clearly deliberate! Fine on a normal web browser.
Obviously I'm missing something here. It's not obscuring the post button for me at all.

Could you screenshot this for me and PM it?

I'm sorry, I'm working on this but I'm not familiar with this software package. How does one trigger these notifications that are being obscured? I just need a way to trigger one of them and I should be able to resolve the issue quite quickly.
Me replying to this post should trigger an alert on the "bell" icon.

I've seen this on desktop as well. Both Firefox and Chrome. The floating ad-box on the right side of the page "floats over" the drop down menu from when you click on the bell icon.

Me replying to this post should trigger an alert on the "bell" icon.

I've seen this on desktop as well. Both Firefox and Chrome. The floating ad-box on the right side of the page "floats over" the drop down menu from when you click on the bell icon.
Ah, there we go. Thank you! Let me see what I can do about this.

Okay, this has been resolved on my end of things, please let me know if there are other errors that need to be addressed.

I normally only open GH on my laptop using a browser and the ads not only are all over the place but the speed at which this site goes is almost laughable at times. It's so bad that if I change pages in GH it literally freezes my whole browser and I can't click a separate tab for 10-15 seconds until GH finally loads 10 billion ads.

You need to fix the adds pronto... The form pages lock up constantly and will not work on my mac or ipad/iphone.

It make the forums unreadable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please fix the ads on the forums. It kept locking up the page and I had to refresh/reload the page at least 6-8 times just to type a reply to the message

Top Bottom