What happened to Coach Kill?

Reaction score
Why is Jerry Kill not on the sideline?

Is he okay?

If this is seizure related, then this has to start to raise some red flags. Im not faulting him, but theres such a thing as being healthy enough to carry out your job. Cant keep missing practice/games like this. I know the people drinking the kool-aid will not agree, but it is hurting the team and future with recruits.

If this is seizure related, then this has to start to raise some red flags. Im not faulting him, but theres such a thing as being healthy enough to carry out your job. Cant keep missing practice/games like this. I know the people drinking the kool-aid will not agree, but it is hurting the team and future with recruits.

I hate that you may have a point.

I don't know - should have raised red flags long ago. This is nothing new. Has been suddenly hospitalized during the season in at least 5 of the last 8.

At some point I think people will have had enough, but don't know when that will be. Another bizarre situation at the U of Minnesota.

It will be very difficult to recruit, especially when that isn't a strength of this staff to begin with. Hopefully it is just the flu.

Does anyone have any news? He never made it out of the locker for the second half.

Word from BTN, everything is under control.

U confirms Kill had a seizure, is doing fine now

Per this tweet from Rand: "#gophers spokesman Garry Bowman: Had a seizure end of halftime. Vitals are fine and he's resting right now. plan for him to go home this eve"

Go Gophers!!

Not that I disagree with you but do you have any inside information?

I have no doubts about his coaching ability in turning a program around. I've been a "kool-aid" drinker since day 1, but I am starting to have my doubts because of Coach Kill's seizure disorder. My wife had a couple seizures two weeks ago and they said that you are more likely to have them with each seizure. Anyone that thinks this is not a concern or distraction is drinking more than Kool-aid.

KARE 11 just reported a seizure at half time. Hope he is okay.

Not that I disagree with you but do you have any inside information?

What kind of inside information are you looking for? The guy just missed the second half of a game and has said in the past that others use his medical issues to negatively recruit. He's routinely been suddenly admitted as an inpatient during the football season over the years.

What kind of inside information are you looking for? The guy just missed the second half of a game and has said in the past that others use his medical issues to negatively recruit. He's routinely been suddenly admitted as an inpatient during the football season over the years.

Because you said it was hurting recruiting. Well is it?

It is sad but Norwood may need to make a stand. Jerry might need to take a step back and we may need to find a new coach. This is something that can't continue and the fact that seizures are triggered by games means there is a responsibility to stop him from coaching. Lots of athletes can't play the game they love because of injuries, this really is no different. To minimize disruption, make Jerry an assistant AD.

A coaching change right now would be devastating. You'd have to give Claeys, Limegrover or someone on the staff a shot at it.

A coaching change right now would be devastating. You'd have to give Claeys, Limegrover or someone on the staff a shot at it.

Teague must know who has potential. If one of the current coaches does then give the job to them. If none do, no more devastating than going through this next year or the year after.

In a multimillion dollar department like football, where public relations do matter, when do game day seizures matter? If it is being discussed here, it is being discussed in the larger community, but just for the 15 seconds it takes for a person to make up his mind whether the program is serious enough to buy a game ticket. I don't know. How are sales going?

Da faq?!

You guys really are clowns, you know that? I wouldn't lose either of my jobs if I had epilepsy. WTF would Jer?

This is a painful situation. If Jerry Kill had seizures requiring hospitalization weekly, he clearly could not perform his job. If he had one every five years, it clearly would not be serious issue.

One last year and two this year (assuming that is what happened) is NOT enough for me to conclude it is a major problem.

One last year and two this year (assuming that is what happened) is NOT enough for me to conclude it is a major problem.
Even according to Kill, he has seizures all the time. These are just the ones that happened during or shortly after games.

NO, NO....Hell to the no.

No way do you promote either of those guys. First off both have the personality of a sponge, I can't imagine either of them closing the "deal" on a recruit. Second; from a schematic standpoint I'm not impressed with either of them. One hasn't developed any kind of a consistent offense and the other it appears doesn't know much about defensive line play at this level.

On a side note: What are the chances Sargent Pyle negotiated a exit clause in Kills contract in the event his health became a issue? If he didn't, good f'ing luck trying not to pay every penny he is owed on that contract.

With that being said I feel for Kill, in the end your health is more important than anything. I wouldn't wish ill health on anyone.

This is a painful situation. If Jerry Kill had seizures requiring hospitalization weekly, he clearly could not perform his job. If he had one every five years, it clearly would not be serious issue.

Last year was a major situation medically.

I was also wondering if there was a health clause in the contract extension.

Da faq?!

You guys really are clowns, you know that? I wouldn't lose either of my jobs if I had epilepsy. WTF would Jer?

No you wouldn't, you would get bought out or moved to a different job if you interacted with the public. If you work with the public, you must be healthy enough to work with the public.

The key to this is does your disability affect the way you do for job? If so can you be accommodated but still do your job? The answer to this may be yes, but it will mean Kill will coach from the press box. Not coming out for the second half was not a reasonable accommodation.

Even according to Kill, he has seizures all the time. These are just the ones that happened during or shortly after games.

Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant major seizures requiring hospitalization. One a week would clearly be unsustainable, one every five years no big deal.

My main point is that at the current level, I see no reason Coach Kill cannot be very effective

No you wouldn't, you would get bought out or moved to a different job if you interacted with the public. If you work with the public, you must be healthy enough to work with the public.

The key to this is does your disability affect the way you do for job? If so can you be accommodated but still do your job? The answer to this may be yes, but it will mean Kill will coach from the press box. Not coming out for the second half was not a reasonable accommodation.

Yeah, sure. But that doesn't mean he losses his job over it. Which was my point. This is not the big issue you all and the media make it out to be.

I feel so bad for the guy, but he's gotta look out for his health. Might need to consider stepping away from the game. Or maybe coaching from the pressbox, or more of a distant coach is what he needs. Either way, somethings gotta change, this weekly seizure stuff is scary.

Top Bottom