What grade would you give the Norwood Teague hire?

What grade would you give the Norwood Teague hire?

• A

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • B

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • C

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • F

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
I went C. C is average. It is a good starting point, plenty of room to move up and down. I have liked what I have heard, but I have never heard personally of anybody completely blowing up during the first presser. Having worked in H.R. as long as I have, I have learned that a lot of people are great interviews, but terrible hires. Time will tell, And I really do hope this is the one. We really need the fundraising he is purported to excel at.

I give the U an A for their choice for AD, but an F for continuing to pay Maturi. And for not firing Maturi a long time ago.

He made a very good first impression and it seems as though VCU is very sad to see him go. No two jobs are identical so to say there is someone out there who fits all the criteria the U AD job needs right now to a perfect "T" is both unrealistic and unfair to the person that is hired. Last time I checked people hire people, not resumes.

grade inflation on the hole is as bad as at the college of liberal arts at the U. i give it a c+ based on the hire alone. that grade could be higher if i knew the names of the "40 others who had applied for the job." got a plus because he allegedly turned down the miami job. though i think AD at miami would be a serious undertaking.

grade inflation on the hole is as bad as at the college of liberal arts at the U. i give it a c+ based on the hire alone. that grade could be higher if i knew the names of the "40 others who had applied for the job." got a plus because he allegedly turned down the miami job. though i think AD at miami would be a serious undertaking.
What more were you expecting? I gave an A because we got an AD who was extremely succesful and did a great job hiring coaches. He actually worked somewhere somewhat high profile for basketball.

As long as he agrees with Jonah Pirsig he is alright with me:

What future moment are you looking forward to the most as a Golden Gopher?

JP: Beating Wisconsin, again and again.

What more were you expecting? I gave an A because we got an AD who was extremely succesful and did a great job hiring coaches. He actually worked somewhere somewhat high profile for basketball.

a c+ is not bad. according to the university of minnesota grading policy a c represents "Achievement meeting the basic course requirements in every respect." by those standards i probably should have given the hire a c- because of the lack of experience as an athletic director at a football school. the only way we can grade the hire is by grading the hire. if you want me to grade what he has done in the past, i give him a b+. if you want me to grade what he is going to do in the future, i would give him a d+ (i give out a lot fewer d plusses than d minuses, it's not a grade i like to give out) because he will be hampered by the fact that he took the job at the job at minnesota, which offers very unique challenges within the big 10.

Top Bottom