What grade would you give the Gophers football season?

What grade for the season?

• A

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • B

Votes: 96 75.0%
  • C

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • D

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

B. Not losing to Illinois and winning the bowl game would've bumped to an A.

A-. Lots of great things with such a tough schedule. We played important football in November. I'm happy with that every year.

B. Some good wins but could have had a couple of more. And the loss to Illinois. I'm still impressed with our showing against TCU given our ineptitude on offense. We gave up the fewest points to them of any team this year, correct?

Solid B. Next year may well be an A. Of our losses Wisconsin and tOSU games were both winnable. We are that close to an A season. Wanted the win today, but I'm not ashamed . I'm hopeful for next year. We seem to stay a young team. That means recruiting is going well. Killer says Leidner is tracking with Harnish for development. That is a very good thing.

B. Love the January Bowl but CANNOT have a Season graded "A" losing to a team like Illinois.

Not sure how 8-5 is ever an A. Have to get to 10 wins to be an A in my opinion, but this was a solid B.

B. Obviously the team made progress but to get an A from me they need to beat a team like Illinois and win a game against beatable teams like Mizzou and Wisconsin. Hopefully we see them take that step next year. Ski-U-Mah!

Going into the year I said I would have been very happy with 9 wins. Content but not thrilled nor disappointed about 8 and very disappointed with 7 or less. TCU was A LOT better than myself or anybody thought so i say this was a moderately successful season but not groundbreaking. Definitely not a disappointment at all though. Solid B

Not sure how 8-5 is ever an A. Have to get to 10 wins to be an A in my opinion, but this was a solid B.
Would you say the same thing 3 years ago? If we play meaningful, competitive football in November, that's all I can ask for.

Would you say the same thing 3 years ago? If we play meaningful, competitive football in November, that's all I can ask for.

Sure, the grading scale remains the same. We've just had a lot of D and F seasons in the past. It doesn't change the scale.

Sure, the grading scale remains the same. We've just had a lot of D and F seasons in the past. It doesn't change the scale.
Fair enough. I'm more then happy with a consistent 8+ wins per year. Hopefully we can get the + next year.

Let's not forget barely beating Purdue & NW at home...

8-5 could've easily been 10-3 as easily as 6-7...

For me, the season is a B.

B We've come a long way, and the future looks promising. Leidner's passing was much improved today. With or without Maxx Williams, with some good red shirt freshman wide receivers, we should be able to balance out our offense with a better passing game next year.

Regular season, B+
Bowl, C-
Overall, B-

Before the game I had them at an A with an actual grade of A-, if that option were available.

The Bowl game was kind of a final test, and the full A was not earned. In fact in sobering fashion, the team showed that it was not strong enough to overcome mistakes and the loss of a defensive leader in the second half.

I'd still say this is a very good team.

Probably a lower B+/B would be an honest representation on the whole.

B-.
Illinois loss, squandering the Wisconsin game for a chance to play for a Big Ten Championship, and still no bowl wins under Kill.

on the other hand,

LBJ, Floyd, Bits of Broken Chair, the team had a legitimate chance to play for the Big Ten Championship, and this was the best bowl game they have been selected to play in in a very long time.

Why? Are expectations really that low for the program in your mind?

Last year we were 8-5, this year we were 8-5 with a tougher schedule. We improved and added some bricks. I graded us a B.

Why? Are expectations really that low for the program in your mind?

Last year we were 8-5, this year we were 8-5 with a tougher schedule. We improved and added some bricks. I graded us a B.
How does this make my expectations low? That means we are playing for a conference title the last couple weeks of the year. Do you think we're some sort of OSU or Wisconsin now?

How does this make my expectations low? That means we are playing for a conference title the last couple weeks of the year. Do you think we're some sort of OSU or Wisconsin now?

If your comment and expectation was just for this year, I apologize. I was thrilled to play meaningful games this year in November.

If your expectation is for all-time, my expectations are quite a bit higher than just competing and playing meaningful football.

B - Bowl win would have pushed it to an A. Good regular season but disappointing to not be able to get it done in the bowl game yet again. Going to be an interesting off-season gearing up for the next season with a very tough TCU team coming in to start things off.

If your comment and expectation was just for this year, I apologize. I was thrilled to play meaningful games this year in November.

If your expectation is for all-time, my expectations are quite a bit higher than just competing and playing meaningful football.
On a year by year basis, I would want to play meaningful November games. If we play them, we'll eventually win some of them and take another step up.

On a year by year basis, I would want to play meaningful November games. If we play them, we'll eventually win some of them and take another step up.

No, we have to improve to win them. That's the point. We've seen nothing but progress so far, so it was great to play in those types of games this year. Next year, everyone should have higher expectations.

So long as we aren't some sort of OSU or Wisconsin, my grade won't be A. In my opinion, OSU and MSU get A's this year, Wisconsin an A-, and we were a solid B. We still lost five games, one was to a bad team, and of the other four one featured a collapse and blown lead that extended our unacceptably long losing streak to our biggest rival, one was a very sloppy bowl performance, and one was an absolute blowout. The OSU game is the only one of the losses that I look at and am comfortable with our effort, focus, and preparation.

So long as we aren't some sort of OSU or Wisconsin, my grade won't be A. In my opinion, OSU and MSU get A's this year, Wisconsin an A-, and we were a solid B. We still lost five games, one was to a bad team, and of the other four one featured a collapse and blown lead that extended our unacceptably long losing streak to our biggest rival, one was a very sloppy bowl performance, and one was an absolute blowout. The OSU game is the only one of the losses that I look at and am comfortable with our effort, focus, and preparation.
Don't disagree, but you might be waiting for a while if you expect us to have many seasons like OSU or Wisconsin has consistently. Just think it's a realistic goal to be in the thick of a Big Ten division race each year rather than expecting double digit wins.

Don't disagree, but you might be waiting for a while if you expect us to have many seasons like OSU or Wisconsin has consistently. Just think it's a realistic goal to be in the thick of a Big Ten division race each year rather than expecting double digit wins.

With all due respect mcal, this is the attitude I hate from our fan base.

With all due respect mcal, this is the attitude I hate from our fan base.
I understand, but we aren't going to turn into OSU overnight. Obviously I want to be on that level, but it isn't going to happen in the immediate future.

Top Bottom