What grade would you give the Gophers Defense in the win over Ohio?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • C

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • D

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • F

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

The defense was bad today. Could not get off the field on 3rd down, and did not force any turnovers.

I said C. They did enough to win the game, but allowing 345 yards to a MAC team with the caliber of defense that we have is ridiculous. They also controlled the ball for way too long, too many third down conversions.

I gave them a "D". Not good, although they did make a few plays.

I gave them a B considering they lost Poock, BBC and Johnson (Travis didn't play).

Pretty bad. Allowed a couple huge passing plays. And again, they can't stop a 3rd and 1 to save their lives.

Giving them a C because there is no B- option, and we expect more of them.

I was disappointed with the defensive line play today. The Ohio quarterback looked way too comfortable for most of the afternoon. I think the only big hits he took were from blitzes... I thought they got outplayed today. I hope they improve in B10 play or it could be a long season.

C

If you choose to incorporate special teams into defense, F

Special teams almost cost the team the game

C

If you choose to incorporate special teams into defense, F

Special teams almost cost the team the game

Prefer much 100% agreed. If you told me before the game that special teams could very well be the difference, I would have bet my net worth that it would be in the Gophers' favor.

This was a very bad outing for the ST, but I have no doubts that they'll bounce back against Northwestern.

They were in good positions but the Ohio players made some very good plays.
B-

Expected more from the D-Line - not just against Ohio, but all season. During the off-season, the coaches kept talking up Hank Ekpe about how great he looked - and he's done very little in games. Cockran is OK, but not looking like a top DE in the conf. Richardson is the one D-Lineman who has really looked good. Keith had some nice moments on Saturday. Maybe he deserves more playing time.

I gave them a D. This is based on expectations because I consider them great. An objective grade might be a C.

I gave them a D. This is based on expectations because I consider them great. An objective grade might be a C.

A "B' because of injuries. Coach Claeys has 1 arm tied behind his back until he gets players back.

B. Only 17 points if not for punt muff inside the 10 yard line. Injuries, and Ohio is a good team with a talented QB and receivers. I think Ohio is better than CSU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B to B-. The 3rd & 17 run for a 1st down bothered me, the blown assignment for Ohio's first TD, and not the best day tackling. However, they clamped down in the 2nd half, really only allowing the drive for the FG.

I think expectations are clouding some thoughts here & people are a bit too hard on the D. They did a pretty good job of locking it down in the 2nd half.

Top Bottom