What grade would you give the Gophers 2022 regular season?

• A

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • B

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • C

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • D

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I gave a C. B if they had 9 wins and an A for 10. Passing grade but there was some meat left on the bone this year.

The Gophers have improved enough that as a fan 8 wins is now my floor for an average season. So a C for this year.

We've definitely moved on from the Salem, Wacker, Brewster eras. This season would have been an easy A or B back in the day!

Went with a B. 5 of the last 9 seasons have been at least 8 win regular seasons and our B1G record was half a game above .500, so it feels like it's in the average to slightly above average range. Landed on B over C because one of those wins was the Axe. Maybe it's just because the Wisconsin game was last, but that prevented extending the Iowa losing streak from dropping me to a C.

Solid B. Quality season considering a forced mid-season change from a 6th year senior to a freshman QB. I think the team was better than the final record indicated. Analytics consider the Gophers a clear Top 25 team and most of the wins were lopsided while the losses were close.

I think this was the Gophers best season in a long time at showing they are a consistent, above-average P5 program with depth and not just a class of guys with their eligibility about to run out.

I went with a B, I would have gone B- if that was an option.

A solid C

You could argue b-/c+ but I had 8 wins as our floor and that is what we hit

I went with 'C'...but would skew that up to a 'C+'. Typically....I would call an 8 win season a success. However, we had a very easy schedule this year and didn't capitalize. Winning the Axe again was huge. Letting Floyd slip through our fingers once again was tragic. Should have beaten Purdue and been the West representative this year.

Looking like we'll get another snoozer of a bowl game. I would call the season as a whole a 'B' or 'B-' if we manage to get a win against another 8-4 team in a bowl game.

I went with a D. The expectations have been raised. I am starting to get really frustrated that Fleck coached teams crap the bed at least 1 to 2 times a year. It has become expected and I hate that. Honestly, it cost us the B1G west this year with Purdue.

Gave it a C, they really felt dead there during the losing streak and they should have performed better.

Ironically I would push it to an A if we just could have beaten Iowa.

Top Bottom