What grade would you give the Gophers 2022-23 basketball season?

• A

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • B

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • C

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • D

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • F

Votes: 99 63.5%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'll go D with the late Freshmen push.

And have now been convinced of an F after looking at our Big 10 record.

Last edited:

Went with D. Could have easily been a F but they showed some life the last couple of weeks.

The season in totality is an F. Finished 14th by a wide margin. Trying to not use recency bias and take it all in totality. Could argue it was a striking F and trending upward, but they lost waaaaay too many points that they couldn’t make it up on the finals

I don't know how you can give it anything but an F. Last place, uncompetitive in half the games, dreadful performances even in the non conference wins, repeat mistakes, top recruit decommits, likely player defections yet again.

D. Results were overwhelmingly bad. But we played four freshman over 20 minutes per game. Regardless of what anyone says....this team was brutally inexperienced. But hopefully that will pay off come next year. Nobody can honestly say that each of the freshman weren't playing noticeably better by the end of the year.

Some encouraging things to end the season, but we’re last in the B1G by far. That’s the definition of an F.

I gave it a D because as far as I know there were no off the court scandals, and I liked what I saw from Payne and was pleasantly surprised by Ola-Joseph.

If there were no promising freshmen or if there was off the court trouble, definitely an F.

Went with D. Could have easily been a F but they showed some life the last couple of weeks.
My sentiments exactly. Very difficult season, at times unwatchable but yet I did and did see some hope for the future after the last 2-3 weeks. They really need to learn to take care of the ball. It would go along way to improving our record.

I feel like the team was failing miserably but then crammed for the final and managed to do enough to pull the final grade up just a little into the D range.

Horrible year but the clear development of the freshman gives some reason for hope in the future if they can keep the core together and hit some home runs in the portal.

Is GopherHole admin trolling their own site? This squad just posted the lowest conference win% in Gopher basketball history. To anybody that grades that anything but an “F”, your view of the world must be grossly distorted to come up with ways to envision this getting noticeably worse.

F and not close to a D. Barring a miracle run in the BTT, last place in the B1G is always an F, and we were in last by a pretty wide margin.

Top Bottom