What grade would you give Mitch Leidner in his first BT start?

What grade would you give Leidner?

• A

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • B

Votes: 58 56.9%
  • C

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

B+

He showed he can throw & runs when he needs to. Imagine how much better he would be had he actually got to THROW the ball in our soft Non-Conf schedule. Needs to learn to protect the ball better & throw it away when necessary...

Other then that I think he'll be solid...

Before or after the interception? :p

I'm impressed with his composure for the most part. However, when he runs he leaves the ball open to being knocked out as witnessed in his fumble at the beginning of the game. He had some nice passes, but also missed on some important situations as well. That being said...we've only scored 13 points and Mitch had two turnovers. No way I can give that an A. Perhaps I'm a tough grader, but I'd say a C+ or perhaps a B- for this game.

I'd say B+because of the INT, we've got our QB folks.

To not throw a pic 6 or fumble the ball. Can't get an A grade with two turnovers.

Agree.

Overall, though, I thought he did a very good job (B/B+), especially in front of 105k fans (or whatever the attendance was).

A-, tho hampered by unimaginative play-calling. Can't understand under-use of WRs. Called on to run too much, also. I'm not a big zone-read fan - like Alvarez play action, running backs do the running offense, for our material.

Really? What more could you have asked of him in this position?

For him to hold on to the ball in the first series and not turn the ball over (resulting in 7 Michigan points).

I think he did a good job overall (B) and gives us the best chance of winning.

I thought he played decent today mostly because they kept it simple for him. The true test will be moving forward because now teams will have tape from 2 games on him. I think a lot of people thought Nelson was the guy after the Purdue game. I think his demise came after that because teams started taking away things from him and he was unable to adjust. I think teams will force Leidner to stand in the pocket and see if he can make deep throws. The throws at the end of the game, including the pick 6, were badly thrown.

A bigger issue to is the revolving QB's during the Kill tenure. I know some it has been caused by injuries, but first it was Gray, then Shortell looked like he was going to be the guy, then Nelson, then sometimes back to Gray, then Nelson, now Leidner. At some time they need to settle on a QB.

I can't give Leidner too high of a grade cuz they only scored 13 points.

Amazing that people could give him an A when he fumbles and gives up a pick 6. People have very low standards for this team.

C+

I'd have given him a B, but the pick 6 was an awful throw that you can't make. Thankfully the game was over and it didn't matter.

C. We scored 13 points on offense and lost. He turned it over twice, one of which was a pick 6.

i think Liedner is/will be everything Marqueis was/could have been, he is 6-4, 230, runs a 4.6 forty and went 14-21 today as a redshirt freshman and also went 7-8 against western illinois, he will be very good in the future and is already solid now, Maxx Williams and Maybe Drew Wolitarsky will also be very good players in the future

C. He needs to stop telegraphing his passes. Seems to me he focuses on 1 pass route instead of checking off receivers and the O line did a good job of protecting him, except on that one play where he got nailed.

That underthrown ball to Jones! Oh man, get it out to the athlete. Other than that, and the fumble I thought he played really well. I'm excited for him. The interception wasn't a concern of mine, desperation time.

I've been thinking more and more. . .even thought Nelson might be a little bit better now, it may be a better idea for the Gophers to play Leidner since he has more service time left. Thoughts?

B- for reasons stated above, however, he is clearly the man to start for us in my mind. He makes the offense better, regardless of what his skillset may or may not be.

I've been thinking more and more. . .even thought Nelson might be a little bit better now, it may be a better idea for the Gophers to play Leidner since he has more service time left. Thoughts?

I wondered today, facetiously, if they burned Nelson's red shirt last year because they wanted the extra year of Leidner. And to answer your question, I think it is a better idea to play Leidner because he gives the team a better chance to win.

B+. Hits Donovahn Jones deep instead of underthrowing him... A-.

Secondary's ability to turn around and play the ball: D-

Top Bottom