What grade would you give Mitch Leidner in Gophers victory over Indiana State?

• A

Votes: 105 88.2%
  • B

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Not sure how it can't be anything but an A. Great numbers that would have been even better had our receivers not dropped a bunch of easy ones.

You put up that many points and you get an A regardless of competition level.

Solid A too. He threw the ball well and the Oline also did a great job.

A. Did very little wrong. Two horrendous drops by Woli and one by Rodney Smith would've given him 3 more receptions, and many more yards.
Very nice game for Mitch.

I think you mean Woz had the drops, but my memory is failing me today.

Mitch looked great. Definitely an A. Stood tall and had touch at times and zip at times. If the line protects him he has the ability.

Mitch would've been well north of 60% completion and 350 yards if people had caught the damn ball.

Great effort put in by Mitch, now build on it and show similar dominance vs a group of 5 school in Colorado State.

A. Did very little wrong. Two horrendous drops by Woli and one by Rodney Smith would've given him 3 more receptions, and many more yards.
Very nice game for Mitch.

Yep. Rodney forgot the pass catcher's maxim: "1.Catch the ball. 2. Run with the ball". He tried them in reverse. :eek:

Mitch looked great. Definitely an A. Stood tall and had touch at times and zip at times. If the line protects him he has the ability.
Ya, Woz.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep. Wozniak had two, but Rodney had one.

2nd and 16 at MINN 34
(15:00 - 1st) Mitch Leidner pass incomplete to Rodney Smith

2nd and 11 at INST 46
(15:00 - 1st) Mitch Leidner pass incomplete to Nate Wozniak

1st and 10 at MINN 36
(8:46 - 1st) Mitch Leidner pass incomplete to Nate Wozniak

Oops. Yes. My apologies to Woli. His hands were plenty sticky today....

I see 1 person gave him a D. Seems like a pretty worthless poll as Mitch had a great game. Sure the opposition has to be taken into account but not really sure how anyone could go less than A on this poll.

Yep, there is always one rotten apple in the bushel even in GH Land. :pig:

I see 1 person gave him a D. Seems like a pretty worthless poll as Mitch had a great game. Sure the opposition has to be taken into account but not really sure how anyone could go less than A on this poll.

Well Santoso did have to punt once so... :rolleyes:

I'd give Mitch an A.

Having said that he doesn't throw too many tight spirals though. Lot of his passes were good catches by the receivers. While I don't think we have any blue-chippers when it comes to playmakers on offense, I do think those guys had a great day as well.

Yeah, the big Polack had hands of stone...I run to the biffy and he catches one. Hear he's light's out in practice though. Maybe just jitters. If he can consistently catch, he will be fun to watch.

I remember a MN v MI game at Memorial as a kid in the late 70s where Wolverines had a 6'9" slow TE...seemed like that guy caught everything thrown to him b/c nobody could cover him. Can't teach height...

Great decisions by Mitch. Looked very comfortable all day even with pressure. Great to see Rhoda come in...just wish they would have dialed up a pass play or two for him. I so wanted 600 yards of O! Maybe against CSU.

Yeah, the big Polack had hands of stone...I run to the biffy and he catches one. Hear he's light's out in practice though. Maybe just jitters. If he can consistently catch, he will be fun to watch.

I remember a MN v MI game at Memorial as a kid in the late 70s where Wolverines had a 6'9" slow TE...seemed like that guy caught everything thrown to him b/c nobody could cover him. Can't teach height...

oh no you din't.

Mitch would've been well north of 60% completion and 350 yards if people had caught the damn ball.

Great effort put in by Mitch, now build on it and show similar dominance vs a group of 5 school in Colorado State.

He was north of 60% anyway (20/30) but, yeah, he might have reached the 350 yard mark. There were at least 3 or 4 fumbled catches that were thrown right to the receivers. 4 more catches would have put him at 80%.

You put up that many points and you get an A regardless of competition level.

Leidner threw the ball very well yesterday (perhaps only two or three throws out of 30 that weren't very good). I'd say the competition level impacted the passing performance primarily in two ways: 1) he was better protected than he might be against better competition and 2) the receivers were able to get better separation than they might against better competition.

I thought he played well, but he also ha two completions I believe would have been incompletes or interceptions against B1G dbacks

I like Mitch but I didn't see anything to make me change my mind about his abilities. He had a good outing. Still struggles to hit guys on the run, stares down his receivers and waits too long at times. Not that he had a lot of help the drops...

Top Bottom