What grade would you give Gophers Conor Rhoda in his first career start?

• A

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • B

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • D

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

B.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

B. He didn't turn the ball over and he was a Mitch-like 50% passer.

C. Glad he didn't turn it over but is clearly not a great option moving forward, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-. Threw as many bad throws as good ones. Can't run a lick. But no major gaffes.

For those saying "no turnovers", Maryland dropped two fairly easy interceptions. He was bad, I'd give him a D.

For those saying "no turnovers", Maryland dropped two fairly easy interceptions. He was bad, I'd give him a D.

For those saying no turnovers, they are right, he had no turnovers.

B because he did what he had to do and didn't make any costly mistakes.

If Leidner has this game it's a D-

I think he gets a solid C. Had some risky throws but did what was asked of him. It's been pretty obvious since the chatter of him being the backup started that they were doing so just to keep redshirts on Croft and Green. Those guys probably aren't that much better in the passing game but could at the very least open things up with the read option moreso than Rhoda was able to today. Hopefully Mitch is back next week and we can use these next few weeks against somewhat soft comp to figure things out in the passing game. The talent is there. Guys are now healthy in the skill positions...the defense seemingly has figured things out. Let's see what we can do.

Agree except seem to have difficulty getting separation from DBs.

Big Ten conference ROAD win. Period.

Hard to ask for much more than that. And I'm sorry, ZERO turnovers in your first career start, on the road, is a considerable achievement. The other guy coughed it up twice in his first career start, but he was at home and he's played in every game this season if I'm not mistaken.

Great job Conor!!!

Big Ten conference ROAD win. Period.

Hard to ask for much more than that. And I'm sorry, ZERO turnovers in your first career start, on the road, is a considerable achievement. The other guy coughed it up twice in his first career start, but he was at home and he's played in every game this season if I'm not mistaken.

Great job Conor!!!

This. All of this.

I gave him a D. If we hadn't played a team who shot themselves in the foot at every single opportunity, we'd have been in big trouble. This effort at QB won't get it done against a legit Big Ten team. Thankfully we don't play one for a while.

This

Looking at it from the perspective that he is a walk-on who only threw for a little over 800 total yards in HS his senior year and considering his (lack of) talent that he possesses, I'd give him an A+++.

Looking at it from the perspective of how you want your starting Big Ten QB to play, I'd give him a C at best, D- at worst.

I would give Johnson and Claeys F's. They showed no faith in him and made him throw when he had to (for the most part). Murray Warmath played not to lose as did Mason, Brewster and Kill. Now we have Claeys with the ultra conservative style. Open it up. Pass on first down. And Claaeys, do something about these stupid penalties. Woz should have been pulled. There is ZERO excuse for going offsides

Better athlete than Mitch!

There are people on the Gophers facebook page that think today proves Leidner is the problem and that Rhoda is so much better than him. I'm convinced more than ever that Leidner has stolen thousands of girlfriends from Gopher fans over the years.

You think so dpo? I guess I didn't see it.

I'm making fun of the troll who was trying to push that nonsense after Leidner was announced as out earlier this week.

I would give Johnson and Claeys F's. They showed no faith in him and made him throw when he had to (for the most part). Murray Warmath played not to lose as did Mason, Brewster and Kill. Now we have Claeys with the ultra conservative style. Open it up. Pass on first down. And Claaeys, do something about these stupid penalties. Woz should have been pulled. There is ZERO excuse for going offsides

He threw on 1st and 2nd several times- sprinting to his left and drilling the ground; under throwing Smith in the end zone; and, floating one over a crossing Drew almost resulting in an interception were the highlights. You don't open up the offense just for the sake of it - especially if you don't have confidence in a first time starter. Maryland opened it up- how'd that work for them

There are people on the Gophers facebook page that think today proves Leidner is the problem and that Rhoda is so much better than him. I'm convinced more than ever that Leidner has stolen thousands of girlfriends from Gopher fans over the years.

There are senseless people everywhere. Thankfully none on GH[emoji57]

LOL and so true. "B" is the top vote getter. Today's win was great. Thanks CR15 for running the game plan, getting lucky on a couple bad passes, and leading us to victory. However, that was nothing like a "B" performance and Mitch would be trashed in this poll for the same exact performance/game.

Do we really need a Y tight end? Mike Leach says no.

In all seriousness, what percent of of our problems on O can be traced back to bad blocking, penalties setting us behind on downs, and drops this season?

LOL and so true. "B" is the top vote getter. Today's win was great. Thanks CR15 for running the game plan, getting lucky on a couple bad passes, and leading us to victory. However, that was nothing like a "B" performance and Mitch would be trashed in this poll for the same exact performance/game.

Not sure it's fair to grade a 5th year senior, 4th year starter on the same scale as a former walk-on with his first start.

Not sure it's fair to grade a 5th year senior, 4th year starter on the same scale as a former walk-on with his first start.

Umm- considering the hyperbole that's been all over this board the last year about how Rhoda is a better passer, a betterQB and now there are people questioning who should start next year it's absolutely fair.

Top Bottom