What grade would you give Gophers coaches in win over Nebraska?

What grade would you give Gophers coaches in win over Nebraska?

• A

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • B

Votes: 64 40.0%
  • C

Votes: 70 43.8%
  • D

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Watching this game, I couldn't help but think of Glen Mason and wonder if PJ Fleck will follow Mason's trajectory. This game made me feel like the ceiling at Minnesota will never quite reach the fan base expectation. Will Fleck produce competitive teams that average 7-9 wins per season while the 2019 season remains as the high water mark? At what time will the fanbase start clamoring for someone new, only to get another Tim Brewster? Is 7-9 wins realistically the best we should expect in the new NIL world of football schools?
I have no grade to offer, but I wonder if Minnesota will ever have a season where they are clearly the best team in a Power 5 game?

Watching this game, I couldn't help but think of Glen Mason and wonder if PJ Fleck will follow Mason's trajectory. This game made me feel like the ceiling at Minnesota will never quite reach the fan base expectation. Will Fleck produce competitive teams that average 7-9 wins per season while the 2019 season remains as the high water mark? At what time will the fanbase start clamoring for someone new, only to get another Tim Brewster? Is 7-9 wins realistically the best we should expect in the new NIL world of football schools?
I have no grade to offer, but I wonder if Minnesota will ever have a season where they are clearly the best team in a Power 5 game?
I don’t understand your last sentence. We play anywhere from 9-11 power 5 teams each year and very frequently the better team. Maybe I am reading this wrong?

I gave a C because of the pretty lackluster playcalling. The one exception being the run call prior to the game winning kick. I was expecting a 5 yard out route or something and they took a bigger gamble and it paid off. The big question for me after the game - do we have a skill gap at running back? If we cannot run the ball effectively this year, it is going to be a long season. That said, I was pleased with AK - putting the ball up that many times is a challenge and he made good decisions for the most part.

Agree the jury is still out on whether Fleck can elevate the program or even achieve that 2019 level of success. Disagree with everything else. The program is already in a FAR better place than it was under Mason. The talent and depth across the roster is night and day. And I agree with the poster above that your last sentence is confusing. In the Fleck era, Minnesota has clearly been better than and destroyed teams like Nebraska, NW, Colorado, Oregon St, Rutgers, Maryland, Georgia Tech, and Illinois.

I vote B because the D coaches were clearly an A, and I think the O coaches were a C with both good and bad results.

Top Bottom