What grade would you give Cole Kramer in his first and only career start at QB?

• A

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • B

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • C

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • D

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Cole looked like he belonged out there. Made a few nice passes, but wasn’t given an opportunity to throw more. I think if he had as many opportunities as AK, he would have done well.

Did what he needed to win. Offensive mine took over. One turnover - but him that was after getting hit when throwing

Cole looked like he belonged out there. Made a few nice passes, but wasn’t given an opportunity to throw more. I think if he had as many opportunities as AK, he would have done well.
We must have watched different games. 8/16 for 26 yards with some wildly bad throws. Thank goodness he didn't get more opportunities to throw. We now know why Fleck stuck with AK. Why Fleck didn't use him as an H-back or something similar is beyond me.

We must have watched different games. 8/16 for 26 yards with some wildly bad throws. Thank goodness he didn't get more opportunities to throw. We now know why Fleck stuck with AK. Why Fleck didn't use him as an H-back or something similar is beyond me.
Cole looked really good on the shorter throws. Pretty bad on long throws.

Would only say expectations were set so low that he didn't need to do much to exceed them, but we also saw what the Coaches saw in practice. His skills as a Quarterback were very limited. He threw for 2 touchdowns and ran for one so he was very instrumental in the victory.

That said Taylor, the Defense and Special Teams won the game. Cole just didn't lose it.

I thought he managed the game very effectively. His pick happened when his arm got hit while throwing the ball. He throws a very catchable ball and is very effective on his short and intermediate passes. Superior runner when the opening happens. I think he would have won at least 2-3 additional games this year had he been named the started. I give him and A+ grade (all things considered).

He certainly wasn’t accurate on the long pass, although he was a step too long on the long throw to DJ, and might have a nice TD to the corner when DJ slipped or was interfered with.

I meant more that he ran the offense, made good choices on the read option, and didn’t make many mistakes.

He certainly wasn’t accurate on the long pass, although he was a step too long on the long throw to DJ, and might have a nice TD to the corner when DJ slipped or was interfered with.

I meant more that he ran the offense, made good choices on the read option, and didn’t make many mistakes.
Read option? He was lined up as a receiver on the Wildcats. Tells me a lot more about Fleck in that he didn't feel confident putting the freshman out to do what Kramer did, which was as basic and rudimentary as could be.

Read option? He was lined up as a receiver on the Wildcats. Tells me a lot more about Fleck in that he didn't feel confident putting the freshman out to do what Kramer did, which was as basic and rudimentary as could be.
So Kramer didn’t run any read option plays? He did. Also, I like the 2 RB read option, which is great for a defense we can run against.

So Kramer didn’t run any read option plays? He did. Also, I like the 2 RB read option, which is great for a defense we can run against.
He ran three times. Tell me when he did, and I'll go back and watch. The RB combo was a wildcat.

If he had the starts AK had he would have been much better

I thought he managed the game very effectively. His pick happened when his arm got hit while throwing the ball. He throws a very catchable ball and is very effective on his short and intermediate passes. Superior runner when the opening happens. I think he would have won at least 2-3 additional games this year had he been named the started. I give him and A+ grade (all things considered).

No we wouldn’t have.

Top Bottom