What grade would you give Athan Kaliakmanis in his first Axe game?

What grade would you give Athan Kaliakmanis in his first Axe game?

• A

Votes: 178 81.3%
  • B

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • C

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With Mo getting 200.
I'd like to see Mo sit this one out. He's banged up, been run into oblivion, etc.

He should get ready for the NFL. I know that's probably not him, but this is what he should do.

Let AK air it out, throw for 300 again. Then you go recruiting and into the portal showing this to the wide receivers you are after. You tell them we have a young gun, and will be throwing more. Use it as a selling point.

I would just love to hear a justification for the non A grades. 66% completion percentage, 319 yards and 2 TDs on the road in a rivalry game while facing some massive pressure. All while leading a come from behind victory. I just feel like anyone not giving that performance an A must have some ridiculously high standards for players.
Some people think he is so good, he should have thrown for 400. I kind of like the high standards.

I would just love to hear a justification for the non A grades. 66% completion percentage, 319 yards and 2 TDs on the road in a rivalry game while facing some massive pressure. All while leading a come from behind victory. I just feel like anyone not giving that performance an A must have some ridiculously high standards for players.
And zero turnovers.

Any vote other than "A" is beyond laughable.

Freshman; on the road; biggest rival. Running game is off. No obvious target in the passing game. And 300+ yards passing, no terrible mistakes, incredible plays with his arm, his legs, and his mind in terms of staying in the pocket and delivering. What else do you want?

Not an A? LAUGHABLE.

I think I gave a fair explanation.

A is for perfection, or near perfection. K was really good today, and I praised him, but he wasn't perfect so he didn't get a perfect grade from me.

I think I gave a fair explanation.

A is for perfection, or near perfection. K was really good today, and I praised him, but he wasn't perfect so he didn't get a perfect grade from me.

No, "A" is not for perfection or even near perfection. "A" is for superior performance. "B" is for good performance (better than average).

Yeah, I should trust the "Iowa will win the West if they beat Minnesota" guy instead of the coaches.

LMAO.
These are opinions and discussions, Murray.

You jumped me for saying that they should start AK the rest of the year. I love that you did that, sir!

I was stunned that you went after me for simply having that correct opinion. LMAO

I was not treated very well by you on that. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Our OL can run block. We are average at best at pass blocking. They ran stunts, blitzes, and interior/exterior loops all day.

For a freshman QB, AK handled it as well as you can. He didn't fumble. He didn't throw a pic. And, and....he stayed in the pocket and threw some dimes while being rocked.

How can anyone not give him an A ???

These are opinions and discussions, Murray.

You jumped me for saying that they should start AK the rest of the year. I love that you did that, sir!

I was stunned that you went after me for simply having that correct opinion. LMAO

I was not treated very well by you on that. Oh well, water under the bridge.

I "jumped you"?

Yikes. I'm pretty sure I did not "jump you". I think I'd remember something of that nature.

B - I was really pleased with his performance. It was the first time I've seen him look good on the field. Though he wasn't amazing (hence the B grade) he looked competent and mostly in control, and his running ability began to look like the advantage we've been told it would be
Oh come on. You either haven't been watching much this year, or there's some ulterior bias.

let me ask this: who would be pissed if Morgan got to play all of the bowl game with a healthy Athan Kaliakmanis?
I would. It's obvious that Morgan's had two significant concussions this year. You want him to get three? He has his entire life ahead of him.

AK was a stud today.

I am hoping we can get some high-end WR recruits now. We appear to be a legitimate throwing team, for the next 3 years.

He’s going to get better and better. Is Morgan really hurt or just done?

Our OL can run block. We are average at best at pass blocking. They ran stunts, blitzes, and interior/exterior loops all day.

For a freshman QB, AK handled it as well as you can. He didn't fumble. He didn't throw a pic. And, and....he stayed in the pocket and threw some dimes while being rocked.

How can anyone not give him an A ???

A couple of the throws me made a split second before getting blasted were incredible (yes, the one should have been targeting).

He’s going to get better and better. Is Morgan really hurt or just done?
If he had multiple concussions in a short span of time he was almost certainly shut down by the medical staff. it becomes a long term safety thing when you start talking about multiple brain injuries over a short window of time.

What a crazy good game by AK. He looked awful at times last week, but completely changed my view of him with this game. I was mostly concerned about his accuracy after he missed open receivers badly last week on several occasions. Not today! He definitely deserves an A rating. Not only accurate, but calm under great pressure. Just wow. Credit is also due to Wright and Jackson for some crazy good catches. I’m officially excited about the QB spot going forward. Now we need to recruit the heck out of the receiver spot.

B - I was really pleased with his performance. It was the first time I've seen him look good on the field. Though he wasn't amazing (hence the B grade) he looked competent and mostly in control, and his running ability began to look like the advantage we've been told it would be
What? He made 10 NFL throws today. I didn’t watch Michigan because I am in Madison but he has to be conference co player of the week at a minimum. He threw some balls we maybe have never seen a Gophers QB throw better. If Wright comes down with the second deep ball to him which he should have the kid would have gone for 370.

What? He made 10 NFL throws today. I didn’t watch Michigan because I am in Madison but he has to be conference co player of the week at a minimum. He threw some balls we maybe have never seen a Gophers QB throw better. If Wright comes down with the second deep ball to him which he should have the kid would have gone for 370.
Two players for Michigan had a better game. McCarthy was unreal and their running back (#7) had 2 huge super long td runs...

Top Bottom