What grade do you give the Gophers coaching in the loss to North Carolina?

• A

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • B

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • C

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • D

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • F

Votes: 45 52.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Had we recruited anyone on offense of note, we could have won tonight. But the fact UNC could put 34 guys on the line of the scrimmage and we just ran it up the f'ing middle for 0 yards all 3rd quarter, it was a nightmare. Nice coaches.

Offense and defense both gets C, Special teams gets a big stinking F.

The defense kept us in the game. They seemed to be getting more pressure on the QB which I like.

However, the increased aggressiveness has come at a cost, those early game penalties on the defense really hurt us (especially the one that nullified a fumble recovery right at the end zone). As well, there were a few times were the increased aggressiveness meant someone was open for a short over the top throw that got them yards. Hopefully they straighten out the penalties and they few other miscues.

The offense, however, lost us the game yet again. With DT out, we never really got much going. Marcus Majors did pretty well, very happy we have him, but UNC knew we were going to run it up the middle and we never really tried to change it up. Passing was also disappointing, some of it was Brosmer but I think some of it was the play calling. UNC clearly wanted to pressure the QB and they were successful, yet we kept calling plays that weren't developing quickly and forced Brosmer to leave the pocket to try to keep the play alive. Unfortunately, Brosmer was struggling in that regard and so that meant we lost yards quite a bit. You have to recognize that as the OC and adjust.

D, only because we didn't get blown out. But there's more game day evidence that Fleck can't coach than that he can.

We played essentially our ACC equivalent and lost by a couple. The offense and special teams screwed us. I feel bad for the D. Aside from a couple of dumb penalties they put the offense in the driver's seat the entire game. Harbaugh ain't it, that was some garbage offense. Let Brosmer throw it around, quit running with these dogshit 2 tight end 2 wr bunched in the middle formations where a wr can't get any separation in time before the rush kills the qb. Spread this shit out. I'm done with this offense.

Offense: C+
Defense: B
ST: We love the punt play.
Coach: what comes after F?

The last play before the FG attempt at the end of the game was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen.

All NC had to do was prop up Major and push him forward and towards the sideline and let time expire.

That would have been a more fitting end than Kesich's miss. The issue would have been focused more clearly on the problem - offensive play calling.

14-7 Halftime lead? We're good. No need to build on the second quarter. We got this.

A without a doubt.

A handful of 50/50 plays and a couple missed kicks against a team that was favored to win...

Ohhhhhh nooo how could that happen!?!?

Come on!!

Harbaugh killed our momentum and drives for 95% of the game. I hope he fixes that.

A swing pass to f'ing Jordan Nubin on 3rd down in the red zone to seal the game? Are you kidding me?

Is Brian Ferentz available? With him they were a Top-25 team...🤔

Coyle needs to end this sh-tshow like the Iowa AD did and fire the OC.

When GH asked , "What Game Are You Most Looking Forward To?" a month ago, I said UNC because we'll see what we got. Can I change it to Rhode Island?

F for the entire offensive staff. F - for the offensive line coach. Ridiculous. Right side. Looked like a poor high school line.

F for the entire offensive staff. F- for offensive line coach. Right side ridiculous.

The overall approach is still suffocatingly conservative on offense and special teams. F. No killer instinct. Fleck’s instincts and approach have been statistically wrongheaded, as well as frustrating to watch for years.

Defense gave up about 252 yards and 19 points and a nice interception run back to set up a TD. Should win every week with that type of performance. A.

Overall D+

Top Bottom