What grade do you give Gophers coaches in win over Rhode Island?

• A

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • B

Votes: 39 26.5%
  • C

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Still can’t believe how our offensive line fails to live up to expectations. Just has to be coaching.

Covered the spread, shutout, second strings got almost a full quarter of playing time that wasn't just running out the clock. Hard to grade it anything other than an A.

The OL still concerns me a bit. Pass protection broke down a few times (though less than last week and Brosmer handled it better), and it seems like they have taken a step backward with regards to opening running lanes for our RBs. Hopefully they continue to improve and later in the season this is less of an issue.

Lot to like today, continue to improve next week against Nevada and then kick Iowa’s azz, at home.

Middle Aged Fans, start stretching those hammies now.

I can’t believe you’re all grading so high. Same coaching staff they just played a shit bag team. Do you really think they went from F to A in one week??

I can’t believe you’re all grading so high. Same coaching staff they just played a shit bag team. Do you really think they went from F to A in one week??
Reality is they probably got graded too low last week and too high this week. But they pummeled and shut out a team they should have. Hard to please badger fans I guess.

Aggressive and asserted themselves. Love it!

We FINALLY got to see some passing. Now they just have to have the confidence to throw the ball against real competition. You don't bring Brosmer in for one season just to RUTM. Let it loose guys!

Give a solid B. Should be an A but the ongoing vexation of sluggish starts for cupcakes and brick walls alike has to be accounted for against a cupcake. Even with the few penalties and the missed FG, fully understand how A's are being given.

This game was only a salve to the wound from last week. Stinging is gone but Nevada next week will apparently be a much better test and great opportunity for actual healing.

Tough house after staying to the end last week.

(Was at game)

I give them an A, and here's why:

O: Could not get a consistent run game going in the first quarter, and literally, when they started the 2nd quarter Brosmer was given passing plays and the offense took it in for a touchdown. On top of that PJ let the offense keep doing a pass+first offense.

D: Shutout. I cannot remember ever feeling like RI was an offensive threat.

ST: Everything they did was executed the way it should be.

Yes I know, "terrible team from a terrible town..." etc.

Gophers finally began throwing to their running backs, throwing downfield to keep them honest and scoring as a result, and - wonder of wonders - giving the backup QB an entire 4th quarter to sharpen his skills. In previous years, in blowouts, the back-up was lucky to get a few plays in the final minutes. Kudos to the defense and DC allowing only one touchdown in two games. Also smart to let a lot of players participate in receiving, running, and on defense. Except for a missed field goal, the Gophers would be 2-0 with good odds to make a bowl. What a difference a missed field goal can make, though Dragan made up for it today.

The coaches are evaluated based on the game, not the opponent. You can only coach against the opponent on your schedule.

We FINALLY got to see some passing. Now they just have to have the confidence to throw the ball against real competition. You don't bring Brosmer in for one season just to RUTM. Let it loose guys!
You saw the 2024 offense today. You will continue to see it against real competition. The variable is how well a (so far) poor-performing offensive line plays. Nobody has a passing game without pass blocking.

Did Callahan steal your girlfriend at some point or something? Like half your posts are related to the OL and the coach.
Lost girlfriend or not, this is exactly where the focus needs to be right now. Offensive line has been the weakest unit on the field for two games.

They're not bad, just haven't played as well as we'd expect. Either way, what's the point of bringing up the exact same thing over and over?
They were bad against UNC and not dominant today against a weak defense.

Curious to those who picked B or C what an A would have looked like.

Some of you are never happy.
An A would have been one solid drive to a TD in the first quarter.

My B was based on a sluggish start on offense again.

I know this is a really, really, really...no, really...big ask of any team.

And actually the Billds are always happy when we win. We won. So happy.

Top Bottom