What can we expect from Isaiah Ihnen/Parker Fox next season?

Pretty sure that anybody who's closely watched, or better yet, coached basketball for many years, has at least a couple of stories about players who suffered major knee injuries.

I have a couple that span the possibilities. About 10 years ago, watched a female who was very explosive blow up her ACL. She came back at about 85% a little over a year later. She was still good enough to play, but had lost the explosiveness that had made her a difference maker.

3 years ago, watched a very athletic 6'10" post blow up his ACL in mid-Jan. By the time practice started the following Oct., you would have never known he'd been injured. Was actually running and moving better than before his injury. I believe he's still playing in Australia these days. The point is, every knee injury and every person is different.

I guess if somebody is really looking for hope in the ability to come back from an ACL, we could look to Royce Lewis of the Twins, who is coming back his 2nd injury to the same knee and all reports indicate that he hasn't lost a thing.

Like I said, and I think we all know, every situation is different when it comes to knee injuries.
The difference in doctors and rehab makes much of the difference

Bga literally asked me to break down the minutes. He literally said "do the whole roster". Of all of the things you've posted (rape apology, obsession over wingspans, changing screen names, illuminati taking down Gopher sports, demanding people pay HS athletes, pretending to be launching a midwest NIL program for Gophers, etc.) and you think talking about what positions a player on the basketball team can play is goofy? You don't live in reality.

On one hand, I'm happy that they're looking good. On the other hand, I hate that I'm hearing that from you. You obviously don't have any insight and I've never seen you get anything right. Anything. Ever.
Your projection shows badly. I know I have embarrassed you too many times and your ego can’t handle that. It is a bit misplaced. You are not exactly a literary genius either. Go Gophers!!!

If you want better info then read my posts.

If we get nothing from Ihnen and Fox this season because they are not fully recovered and ready to go it will be one more nail in Ben's coffin. If again we are down two players and Ben didn't fill another scholly that we have all been hoping for he will have proven to me he is incapable of being a HC at this level. If the end of the bench this coming season is #1-open scholly, #2 Wilson, #3 Ramberg, #4 Injured Ihnen, #5 Injured Fox-- WE ARE SCREWED. If for some reason Ben survives 2023-2024 and Fox and Ihnen are still not fully recovered, you have to cut bait. Prediction: 2028-2029 season: 35 year old PF Dr Parker Fox starting at the 4.

"Tommy:
Did you hear I graduated?

Richard Hayden:
Yeah and just a shade under a decade too, all right.

Tommy:
You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.

Richard Hayden:
I know, they're called doctors." or they are named Parker Fox.

Love that! Thanks for posting!

II looking pretty good in that video. In the last two minutes of the video I like the 3 point shooting drill where they show all the shots- not just the makes. From the corner he must have made about 10 in a row on one streak. In another drill they have him passing out then moving for a catch and shoot mid range shot or three.

If he stays healthy- he is a definite help to this team.

Guess I’m impressed there isn’t a wrap or something on either knee. Would be pretty cool to see him make it back.
Yeah, he looks really fluid. Regardless of if he needs it or not, I'd prefer to see knee braces on Ihnen, but this highlight looks good.

Ihnen being a force is one of our easiest paths to being a decent team. He was a high rated recruit, unique skillset, and had moments as a FR and SO.

I hope these guys stay injury free and can contribute to some team success.

But I hope it doesn’t come at the expense of development of the sophomores and freshmen.

I hope these guys stay injury free and can contribute to some team success.

But I hope it doesn’t come at the expense of development of the sophomores and freshmen.
Don’t really think Ben is in the greatest position. He really needs THIS year. So, whoever can cop some wins in the coming season.

Don’t really think Ben is in the greatest position. He really needs THIS year. So, whoever can cop some wins in the coming season.
In this era of college basketball- this is the only year you can be sure of. Play your best guys unless the season goes south - then play the kids to entice them to stay the next year.

Yep, to say the honeymoon period is over for Johnson would be an understatement. He almost certainly has to show an obvious level of improvement on the court in order to keep his job.

So while I am sure he will do what he can to develop the young guys, his priority will have to be the 23-24 season and whatever it takes for the team to start winning some games.

Yep, to say the honeymoon period is over for Johnson would be an understatement. He almost certainly has to show an obvious level of improvement on the court in order to keep his job.

So while I am sure he will do what he can to develop the young guys, his priority will have to be the 23-24 season and whatever it takes for the team to start winning some games.
Honeymoon was over when he guaranteed the team wouldn’t be last. Oops.

just nice to see Ihnen moving around. for a guy coming off two ACL's, he seems pretty fluid. looked good on a lot of the corner and wing jumpers.

to be clear - expectations are still low, considering what he's coming back from. But if Ihnen can provide some scoring, that is a big boost to this team. I wish we could see something similar for Fox.

Ihnen injured the same knee 2x so would likely only wrap one knee but Fox injured both knees 1x each.
That is important distinction. Full recovery after ACL injury is common after one surgery, less common but still possible after two surgeries on same knee. There are a hundred NBA palyers who have had ACL surgery (and an even higher percentage of WNBA players). But only a handful after repeat surgery on the same knee. I am not saying this to put a negative spin on Ihnen because he seems to be progressing nicely. But only to put a little more positive spin on Fox since it was once on each knee.

That is important distinction. Full recovery after ACL injury is common after one surgery, less common but still possible after two surgeries on same knee. There are a hundred NBA palyers who have had ACL surgery (and an even higher percentage of WNBA players). But only a handful after repeat surgery on the same knee. I am not saying this to put a negative spin on Ihnen because he seems to be progressing nicely. But only to put a little more positive spin on Fox since it was once on each knee.
17% of WNBA players have had ACL surgery. Return to play is over 70% with many at prior level of play.

About 3% of NBA players have had ACL surgery. Return to play is 70%. Many play at similar level.

Yeah, he looks really fluid. Regardless of if he needs it or not, I'd prefer to see knee braces on Ihnen, but this highlight looks good.

Ihnen being a force is one of our easiest paths to being a decent team. He was a high rated recruit, unique skillset, and had moments as a FR and SO.
Maybe my memory fails me, but I don’t recall Ihnen being highly recruited. kind of an unknown from Germany.

Top Bottom