What bowl game will the Gophers play in?

What bowl will the Gophers play in?

• Citrus Bowl

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • Outback Bowl

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Holiday Bowl

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • TaxSlayer Bowl

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Doesn't seem like we're ever going there, but I would so much rather that conference affiliations with bowls remained consistent, and teams were assigned by conference standings.

Gotta say that is a pretty awesome list of bowl choices. Have to really congratulate the team for getting to an excellent bowl…a huge brick. Now let's win it.

The only way we guarantee ourselves a bowl that we want is if we win the league outright and go
to a bowl that contractually guarantees us a spot. In this way, there is no way a bowl can keep us out
no matter how much they kick and scream. I love bowl games, but I have little faith that the Gophers
go to a bowl we truly deserve.

Dallas or New York, here we come!

Would you rather play on ABC or ESPN? I'll take ABC in Orlando. Have fun at the better bowl that no one will be watching in San Diego.

Personally, I wouldn't have a preference between playing on one of the old networks and the USA's #1 sports network but I guess if reaching people who were residing at hospitals and nursing homes was important to me I would clearly choose ABC.

Jacksonville = Mayo Clinic employees and relatives
Tampa / Saint Pete = retirees + families
San Diego = 18% above retirement rate of anybody in Midwest which = Nobody attending Holiday Bowl!. I will buy 20+ tickets to a Florida Bowl. I will buy 0 if in San Diego. I can't be only Gopher fan in that situation? Or am I completely wrong?

Lot's of MN transplants in the SW. Whenever the Vikes play in AZ it is like a home game, and flights from SoCal to PHX are totally full of MN people. It's different than Florida, but the Gophs should draw in SD. Plus current flights from MSP for 3 days at a bowl game are literally half to SD vs flying to Tampa or Fr Myers.

Personally, I wouldn't have a preference between playing on one of the old networks and the USA's #1 sports network but I guess if reaching people who were residing at hospitals and nursing homes was important to me I would clearly choose ABC.

Man, you must be a Nebraska fan with that delusional talk.

Stewart Mandel at FoxSports.com:

Quick Lane: Rutgers vs. North Carolina
Pinstripe: Penn State vs. Duke
Holiday: Iowa vs. USC
Foster Farms: Nebraska vs. Stanford
Citrus: Ohio State vs. Missouri
Outback: Minnesota vs. Auburn
TaxSlayer: Maryland vs. LSU
Peach: Michigan State vs. Ole Miss
Cotton: Wisconsin vs. TCU

Making a couple of assumptions:
-Nebraska will get bumped down, most likely due to the coaching change
-Wisconsin beating Ohio State in Indianapolis

I've seen a few with MSU, WI & OSU all making the top-3 bowls. I tend to agree with Mandel that the Peach is probably going to take an SEC team due to, even though Wisconsin travels, there is less risk if they took an SEC team like Ole Miss.

Stewart Mandel at FoxSports.com:

Quick Lane: Rutgers vs. North Carolina
Pinstripe: Penn State vs. Duke
Holiday: Iowa vs. USC
Foster Farms: Nebraska vs. Stanford
Citrus: Ohio State vs. Missouri
Outback: Minnesota vs. Auburn
TaxSlayer: Maryland vs. LSU
Peach: Michigan State vs. Ole Miss
Cotton: Wisconsin vs. TCU

Making a couple of assumptions:
-Nebraska will get bumped down, most likely due to the coaching change
-Wisconsin beating Ohio State in Indianapolis

I've seen a few with MSU, WI & OSU all making the top-3 bowls. I tend to agree with Mandel that the Peach is probably going to take an SEC team due to, even though Wisconsin travels, there is less risk if they took an SEC team like Ole Miss.

I just REALLY don't want to play Auburn. I think that matchup wise u could not pick a worse opponent for us to play. Please be Georgia, Mizzou or one of the Mississippi schools........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Prediction

NY6: OSU, MSU, WI

Tier 1 MN, NE (only 2 tier 1 teams if a B1G team makes the Orange Bowl).

NE has spent 3 straight years in FL, they go to CA. MN to Outback (no Citrus for B1G with a team in the Orange Bowl)

Plus current flights from MSP for 3 days at a bowl game are literally half to SD vs flying to Tampa or Fr Myers.

what days are you looking at? San Diego is coming up $100 more for me on Kayak than a flight to Orlando from MSP. Both are over $550/person

i'm starting to wonder how ppl in the Midwest ever attend bowl games... $1000+ for just the flight for 2 ppl? are you kidding me??

EDIT- nm, the Holiday Bowl is the week before on Dec 27, can't attend that for a whole other set of reasons aside from flight cost

Only people who are mentally stuck in the past with a maudlin sense of nostalgia would be disappointed.

Well, put me in that group. NYD is the place to be.

Well, put me in that group. NYD is the place to be.

It's cool to day out loud, but a prime time national TV game with zero competition in San Diego is pretty sweet too. Way prefer that to the Gator Bowl.

@HuskerExtraBR: Holiday Bowl reps says Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin top choices from Big Ten, and Arizona, UCLA and USC top choices from Pac-12.

I asked this same question in another thread but really curious who planned on going to the bowl game but is now saying no due to the new ticket prices?

I asked this same question in another thread but really curious who planned on going to the bowl game but is now saying no due to the new ticket prices?

I am really curious as to who is saying yes considering future ticket prices technically have nothing to do with this year's team or the effort they gave all season long and made us very proud fans. Our family is planning on it whether it be California or Florida. Can't wait to get some sun and warm weather for a few days with fellow Gophers fans after this special season we just had/are having.

Please take your what seems like an anti-going to the bowl game in reaction to future season ticket prices campaign someplace else. Just my opinion, but it seems very counterproductive to our Gopher squad and a disservice to the coaches and players on this year's team.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

Well I voted Holiday bowl about a week or so ago...hoping I am right, but it seems the Gophs might have a lot of options right now. Some favorable, some not...

Right now my gut says Toilet Bowl. My heart says Rose Bowl. My brain says Foster Farms.

Worse yet, Tapatalk on iPhone doesn't even show the poll - just the comments. So every time someone votes it shows "new posts" when there are none - and I still can't see the poll results (or vote myself). This is currently the most frustrating thing in my life.

I can't view the poll. Is the Toilet Bowl in Flushing Michigan on the list?

Worse yet, Tapatalk on iPhone doesn't even show the poll - just the comments. So every time someone votes it shows "new posts" when there are none - and I still can't see the poll results (or vote myself). This is currently the most frustrating thing in my life.

First world problems are a b!tch!

I am really curious as to who is saying yes considering future ticket prices technically have nothing to do with this year's team or the effort they gave all season long and made us very proud fans. Our family is planning on it whether it be California or Florida. Can't wait to get some sun and warm weather for a few days with fellow Gophers fans after this special season we just had/are having.

Please take your what seems like an anti-going to the bowl game in reaction to future season ticket prices campaign someplace else. Just my opinion, but it seems very counterproductive to our Gopher squad and a disservice to the coaches and players on this year's team.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah!

In retrospect this is very funny but I'm sure your family had a blast last year in detroit.

FYI on tapatalk you can view the poll results by going to the first post of the thread, touching/clicking the post, hitting "More", and then hitting "Web View".

Still can't vote though which is annoying.

Top Bottom